error : runProcess_7

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
lukman

error : runProcess_7

Post by lukman »

Hi,

I'm trying to install the 3rd fresh database in a single node for testing purposes. I had already installed 2 E-Business Suites installed in that server. All the pre-installation tasks passed but error when the process reached end of RDBMS disk. When I checked the log I got these information :

<i> adlnkoh.sh completed successfully

runProcess_7
Statusstring Executing Command : OracleHomeCloner -register OUI

Errors while registering Oracle Home in the inventory</i>

Does anyone know how to solve it? Thanks.
admin

Post by admin »

You have not completely removed your last installation,

Cause
The issue is caused by the following setup:
The previous Oracle Applications install was not fully cleaned up properly.

This issue is described in Metalink Bug.3796754 (PLE11510.20 SLES9 ADX.RI INSTALL FAILED LN
/6ISERVER FILE EXIST), which outlines the exact issue that you are encountering.
The bug also explains that whenever you deinstall you should make sure your inventory is cleaned up.
The errors clearly show an oracle home with same name already exists in the inventory.

Solution
To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:

1. Move /etc/oraInventory to /etc/oraInventory.old.
2. Create /etc/oraInventory with all permissions.
3. Clean the previous installation according to Note 110372.1 (11i: How to Clean up the UNIX
Environment After Install Fails).
lukman

Post by lukman »

Due to stress I already delete all oracle installation, oratab, oraInventory and oraInst.loc in /etc then re-install :p The 1st re-installation succeed but the 2nd not, with the same error. I didn't change oraInventory location for 1st installation (by default it created in /etc) but I commented oraInst.loc for the 1st installation and added another line to change oraInventory location for the 2nd installation
If I move /etc/oraInventory to /etc/oraInventory.old, wouldn't it affect the 1st installation because it still exist?

Before re-installed I already succeed install 2 E-Biz and I never change oraInventory location but strangely there are 2 oraInventory, in /etc for the 1st installation and in /home/oracle_user for the 2nd installation. So I didn't do a cleaned up.

Thanks
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hello all,

I managed to install another E-Biz and use different location for oraInventory (thanks to a friend) by these way:

1. Rename previous oraInst.loc eg. to oraInst001.001

2. Enter Start Here disk and start rapidwiz, it asked to run oraInstRoot.sh

3. Change to root, edit oraInstRoot.sh and change all /etc/oraInventory to a location I wanted, e.g. : /home/user/oraInventory

4. Execute oraInstRoot.sh. It would created oraInst.loc and oratab in /etc but inside oraInst.loc the line where it used to be :

inventory_loc=/etc/oraInventory

would be :

inventory_loc=/home/user/oraInventory

5. Restart the rapidwiz and all the installation worked

Is the oraInst.loc still used when we run E-Biz or it needed only when we do maintenance or upgrade? I'm thinking that if I do all that 5 steps when created E-Biz A & B then I will get 2 oraInst.loc (namely oraInst001.001 for E-Biz A and oraInst.loc for E-Biz B). If oraInst.loc still needed when we run E-Biz then I'll get disasters if I run E-Biz A & B concurrently because the existing oraInst.loc is for E-Biz B only but if it only needed when do maintenance or upgrade then I can switch those 2 files.

I don't understand how come in Unix my friend can use single oraInventory and have different oraInventory for multiple E-Biz by doing this :

# oraInventory for E-Biz 1
# inventory_loc=/home/user1/oraInventory

# oraInventory for E-Biz 2
# inventory_loc=/home/user2/oraInventory

# oraInventory for E-Biz 2
inventory_loc=/home/user3/oraInventory

while when I did that in Linux I didn't success.