Change Needed

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
abbas9001

Change Needed

Post by abbas9001 »

Hello ALL,

Can anyone tell me how can a Supplier/Vendor details changed on a PO which is already approved.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,

If your question is to change the Supplier/vendor names, for an approved PO - Then it is not possible.

I think there is a possibility to change only the Ship to and bill to Details, where a PO Revision is Created.

For Ex. If you are making the changes of ship to and bill to in the PO 4418 and REV 0, A new revision is created for the same PO 4418 Rev 1

Which requires to be approved once again, the status of the PO with REV 1 is Requires Reapproval.

Hope this clears your doubt, and wait for many more responses too.
Upendra

Post by Upendra »

I agree with Anu-Uma's clarification.

Because, this issue is not only Application related but also involves Functional hurdles.

Once the PO is approved means, in functional parlense, it is issued to the supplier and we have committed to the supplier for the quantity and rate mentioned in the PO. Purchase Order is nothing but mutual agreement between supplier and buyer. So, once you have approved a Purchase Order, it is nothing but issued to the Supplier. Once, it is issued you cannot cancel the same. That's why modifications to Suppliers Name is not allowed in Application.

I am sorry If I confused you by discussing unrelated issue

Upendra DOnepudi