This is how it works

Under this forum members can discuss the AIM and its different documents.
Cheekoo

This is how it works

Post by Cheekoo »

I am still a student of Oracle apps. Confused as many of us. A friend of mine helped me TRY to understand a FUNCTIONAL view of implementation.

Now it appears to be making sense a bit.

What I will try in this topic is to laydown my understanding of AIM documents used by me friend's company and how each document is part of the over all project.
srinum_mba

Post by srinum_mba »

hi cheekoo
can u share some of the AIM documents with so that i can understand the implementation involved in each stage.
thank u
M Morton

Post by M Morton »

Here it is .... After going through documentation of one project (Not Financials ) I got the idea as to how things work for a FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT.

Plz. keep in mind that not ALL the documents in AIMs are used.
Also it all depends what your understanding is, which documents are actually required and what documents your clients wants you to prepare.

A project could be a Fresh Implementation / Upgrade / Addition of modules / or simply maitenance. So the combination of documents and setups a functional guy needs to prepare is different in each case.

? KICK OFF meeting
? CR-10 Developed a project Plan
? AS-IS analysis
? RD-20 RD.020 - Conduct Current Business Baseline
? BP-80 BP.080 - Develop Future Process Model
FIRST DEVELOPMENT INSTANCE also called Prototype or CRP-I
? CSD- Customer Specification Document (CSD) Not part of AIMs
? BR-10 BR.010 - Analyze High-Level Gaps
? TE-40 TE.040 - Develop System Test Script
? CRP2 ? Conference Room Pilot ? POWER POINT PRESENTATION (Not a presentation but online testing system)
? UAT ? sign-off User Acceptance Test
? BR-100 BR.100 - Define Application Setups
PRODUCTION INSTANCE
? User Authorization Document
? Developed end-user document. (Called user guide mostly prepared by the Super User.)
? Develop Training Material (Called user guide mostly prepared by the Super User.)
? Deliver end-user training.(Called user guide mostly prepared by the Super User.)

Please ... give me your feedback.
srinum_mba

Post by srinum_mba »

hi mortan
thank u for sharing the information.
one doubt: if it is a fresh implementation what are the important documents that we need to prepare.(don't we need to prepare documents like BP10,BP20,RD20,RD50,MD50,MD70,TE40.. in each phase of AIM)
thank u
M Morton

Post by M Morton »

srinum_mba

Thats what my point is .... there is NO set rule for the list of documents.

Everything depends upon client's need. For example, if there is a fresh implementation of Oracle Purchasing and the client agrees to adopt every process of Oracle Purchasing in future, THERE WILL NOT BE ANY NEED TO PREPARE .. AS-IS Analysis or RD-20. <s>Current Business Baseline </s>
I would develope BP_080 directly. <u>Future Process Model </u>

Do you get my point ? .... also it depends upon the client. sometimes they insist on something useless in your eyes but ..... BUTT .... so you produce what is demanded.
ssrappstech

Post by ssrappstech »

Hi
I need detailed AIM documents for technical consultant , which doc have involved in financeala technical consultent

plese send me
siva
regan_gpr

Post by regan_gpr »

Hi All,

Can any one help me with BP-080 Document template or Completed sample document for Inv,PO and any of the implementation document followed by Oracle AIM

Thanks & Regards,
S.Grace Paul Regan
Sr.Functional Consultant,
Free Lancer
http://www.onlyoracleapps.blogspot.com
regan.gpr@gmail.com