Risks to ERP's......

All the discussion which is not possible in the above forums should be posted here.
sikandar

Risks to ERP's......

Post by sikandar »

Let's discuss the risks to ERP's or you may say failure causes for any company.....

1. If the companies will not adopt good practices and will try to carry bad practices (if any).

2. Professionals should not keep MS excel in use and should use ERP system as input and output.

3. There should not be any backdoor/backend updatations etc.

4. If ERP is not properly configured.

5. Company vision while system study was properly considered.

6. If people will still consider ERP systems as old foxpro based, open prg change the code or browse the dbf etc.
gqkhan

Post by gqkhan »

well sikandar the major risk for the failure of any ERP is basically organization's employees itself.

If employees don't accept the new change, or they dont want to change their bad practices then ERP fails.

All the ERPs contains standard formats or u can say the standardised ERPs that can be used for any organization, so the client should first check which version is ok for them.

As i already said employees should change thier bad practices and must follow the new changes (big RISK if no body wants to change his/her bad practice)
admin

Post by admin »

Here is something interesting where a client is facing an issue in the ERP and called consultant for support,

Client: Hello Sir, please help me I facing a very critical error?
Consultant: Sir what is the error message?
Client: The exact error message is "press any key to continue".
Consultant: I am asking about the error message and what is the exact problem?
Client: Issue is that there is no "any key" on my keyboard, so what should I do?
Consultant: Oh got it you need a patch to apply....(smart move)
Client: Sir please bring the patch and apply.
Consultant: As this is a critical patch so your company will have to pay $500.
Client: Sir no problem as we can't afford delay in our system.....

I don't know which patch consultant applied there as system was in working next day. May be consultant was also trying to find "any key" on the key board. hahahahha