Purchase Order Unit Price unable to modify

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
Willynelly1

Purchase Order Unit Price unable to modify

Post by Willynelly1 »

Hi all,

PO made, sent for approval, approved, and part of the PO items still pending to receive, when I went for amendment, I can amend only the quantity
and not the price, becasue Price is changed and I want to update the price, when I enter the price, Error Frm- protected against update. Can anybody explain why this price field is protected? is there any profile option? Need comments.

William.
tracypolland

Post by tracypolland »

Oracle won't let you adjust the price once any receipt has been done because there are costs that get sent to the various accounts. If it allowed you to ajust the price, and you then subsequently reversed a receipt which had originally been costed at a lower price ... the reversal would again check the po and pull the new price out therefore you'd have a mismatch in your accounting ledgers.

If you really need to change the price you can do a couple of things.

1. reverse any receipts. then you can change the price (if using projects run any prc jobs once you reverse the receipt to let projects know the receipt has gone back to supplier) This is the best solution if the original receipts have gone through at the wrong cost). If you use invoicing and match to PO the invoice will have already created a price variance if the user changed the unit cost when they did the matching

2. if hte original receipts were received at correct price close that po line and create a new line with the new cost.

Let me know if this helps
Willynelly1

Post by Willynelly1 »

Thanks Tracy,

Normally User create a PO and part of the PO quantity received, and remaining PO quantity received after a month, but with new price, few items price increased by supplier, instead of closing existing PO lines, User has to modify the existing PO, and changes the price. This is our practice from begining. So that we can generate reports Pending Quantity report, Procurement analysis report etc.. If we Close the PO lines then we won't get the pending quantity PO for that particular PO.

I am having some issues in two PO's that won't allow me to modify, let me analyse the issue.

Thanks for your comments.

William.
tracypolland

Post by tracypolland »

Hi William,

have you upgraded since you were last able to change the unit price? Or applied some recent po patches. According to Oracle you should not be able to change the unit price once there had been a partial receipt or bill. (see metalink doc Note:213796.1 question 6) so you might have been able to to this because of a 'bug'!!

hope you resolve it thanks for replying.

cheers,
Tracy
admin

Post by admin »

Here it is,

6. Cannot modify the price for a release line when it is partially received or billed.

Answer
---------
Enter purchase form does not allow users to modify unit price at line level for both Inventory and Expense items if there exists a shipment which is partially received or billed for Standard Purchase Orders and Releases. Cancel the line and create a new Line with the new price.

Thanks Tracy.
Willynelly1

Post by Willynelly1 »

Hi Tracy, Admin,

Thanks for your support. Solved the problem with cancelling the existing po lines, and created new lines with changed price.

William.
snukala

Post by snukala »

Hi William,
Can you please let me know if it is possible to cancel the PO release from Oracle WOrkflow. You can email me the solution/explanation to: seshu.nukala@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Seshu.
qamer.financial

Post by qamer.financial »

HI,

Tracy & William

i would like to ask you is their any funtionality like Approved PO cannot be changed? or is their any Profile Option support this funtion?
Willynelly1

Post by Willynelly1 »

Hi Qamer hussain,

Approved PO can be amended, it is normal procedure, and sent for re-approval.

William.
Hazem Mahmoud

Post by Hazem Mahmoud »

Hi,
I think u have no need to change the price , u can keep the old price as it is and for the new price u can use the price variancenoption in AP to overcome this problem

Regards
Hazem