Help need in Document sequencing

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Apps_Suman

Help need in Document sequencing

Post by Apps_Suman »

Hi,

I need to setup different document series starting with 1 differently for all my 3 operating units. Steps i have followed for the same
** Define a doc sequence starting with number 1
** Define 3 doc categories for 3 operating units
** Assign sequence to categories at SOB level.

My question is do i need to setup any profile option so that each category can be associted with an operating unit? If so pls guide what is the profile options for the same.

Apart from these any additional setups would be required for this. If so pls help me.

Thanks & Regards
Suman
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hai, i think ur question for defining document sequencing for different OUs jin one instance. But it is not possible , as document sequencing will work at SOB Level. If all the OUs are using the same SOB , u can only assign one document sequence set up for all OUs. I.e the document sequence will work ,

OU1 has used the document sequence number 1 to 3

If OU2 want to use document sequenceing Number , it will come from 4 to 5.

If u want document sequence number should be started from 1 to for all OUs sequential U have to difine separate SOBs for each OUs.

If U have any solution please pass it.

Regardds,

Murthy
rajeshofc

Post by rajeshofc »

Hi suman,

You have to define some custom logic to invoke saperate document sequence for each operating unit. ask your technical consultant to do so.

You follow these steps

1. Define 3 document qequences
2. Assign one of them to Standard Category under SOB Level.
3. At Payable options Invoie tabbed region enable ' Allow Document Category Override' so that your document category field while entering invoice will be available to update the default category which you assigned at SOB level.

4. to automatic this step (selecting deffrent category based on Operating Unit) ask your technical consultant to write a logic like if OU 1 use X category OU2 use Y category.