Patch 5714788 ... doesn't work... ?

Here you can post the Business Intelligence (BI) related queries and replies.
jscrunch

Patch 5714788 ... doesn't work... ?

Post by jscrunch »

Hi friends,
[Apps 11.5.10.2 - DB: 9.2.0.8 - Disc. version: 10.1.2.54.25]
Patch 5714788 is mentioned in note 406682.1 (Exporting Macro-Enabled Workbooks from Discoverer Plus or Viewer to Excel 2003(Spanish) Hangs at 100% CPU Utilization)
After applying the wihtout errors (at least there are no errors in logs and it appears the new option that is mentioned in metalink note:"<i>After applying the patch, new option for Export to Microsoft Excel 2003(.xls) is added in the File -->Export menu of Plus and Viewer. This option will appear ONLY if Plus (or Viewer) is run in Spanish, Spanish_Mexico or Spanish_Spain locales.</i>") when I try to export .. it appears on the top of the screen an error message saying:
"<i>There not exists data available to do the export. This is due to a problem in Oracle BI Discoverer. Contact with Oracle Support Services..</i>"

I've just been in a OWC with Metalink people.. trying to solve this problem but.. without succesful..
We have tried to export with discoverer Plus.. and it works OK... but not with the Viewer...
Just only worked a couple of times with Viewer ...Of course We don't know why or when.. It seems to be something random... (It's impossible, I know.. but...) because it was not just after restarting internet explorer or just after deleting jar cache...
I did 15 tests... and in two of the it worked..
Any ideas?
Metalink people are continuing investigating why it occurs...

Thanks a lot.
Jose L.