Approval Heirarchy for a committee?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rajib.banerjee

Approval Heirarchy for a committee?

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Hi,
Can anybody help me about approving a PO or an Invoice by more than one person.
I have a committee consisting of 3 persons at the top. On creation of a PO or Invoice all these 3 persons needs to approve the document before it can be processed further.
What setup I need to do for these system to flow?
Thanks.
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
In approval process one position can report to one position ans so on. But you are looking for parallel approval which is not possible. What you can do is to keep all these in hierarchy, so one should report to single position not to multiple positions.

thanks
amit.pimparkar

Post by amit.pimparkar »

Can you please eloberate on this?
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi rajib

Like Admin say, you can report person to other person. You have 3 persons A, B, C, & you can make the approval cycle by two ways:
1) Person A review the PO or invoice then send to Person B to review PO then person C will approved the PO or invoice.
2) You can make approval hierarchy depends on amounts like person A till 1000$ & person B till 1500$ & person C till 2000$ & all persons (A,B) can be see the PO history & the current status for PO or invoice.

Thanks
Hisham