Holds in Account payable

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rajanimadhu2008

Holds in Account payable

Post by rajanimadhu2008 »

Hai all

Pl let me know the difference between system hold and manual hold and when the system hold can be released manually.

Regards

Rajani
kumar_apps

Post by kumar_apps »

Hi,

When there is difference between the Line amound and Distribution Amount while recording the Invoice, you even can save the Invoice but the system will apply a Hold on the invoice since there is difference between Line amount and Distribution total. In this case the Hold is called System Hold and it can not be released manually - to release this hold you wll have to correct the distribution total to match the Line amount an System wll automatically release the Hold.

Even when all the amounts and other information recored is correct, you can still put the invoice on hold to restrict it to not to make any payment in certain cases like if some quality check is pending, or there is some problem with the consignment received or with the customer or in case of any rate change between the agreed rate and invoiced rate etc... scenarios. In this case you can release the Hold manually once the clarification for the scenario is found.

Hope this clarifies

Regards
Kumar
ush

Post by ush »

holds can be classified into two two types, user defined holds (manual holds), and default holds in the system (system holds).
system holds cannot be released unless the error is rectified or any specific criteria is fulfilled.
where as, user defined (manual) holds can be manually released at your own descretion though it wont match with certain criterias in an invoice.
examples of system holds are:
-->when ever a transaction is entered in payables without conversion rate, then "no rate hold" is applied.
--> distribution variance hold, this is when there is difference in amount distribution for any transaction.

[quote]Hai all

Pl let me know the difference between system hold and manual hold and when the system hold can be released manually.

Regards

Rajani

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by rajanimadhu2008
yramesh77

Post by yramesh77 »

Hi,

Manual hold are those we would create as per client requirement and if we mention the reason code we can remove manual holds.
System hold are those which would hold by system this is happened when there is unequal distribution lines. So it has been matched and system hold can be realsed automatically.
System holds cannot be removed manually as I know.