To link a customer in AR,who is a supplier in AP

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
keke

To link a customer in AR,who is a supplier in AP

Post by keke »

I have a customer who is also my supplier , how do I link his balances in a AR and AP together so that he will be able to have a net balance. the step for linking the customer and supplier number together
thanks
keke
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

In the supplier , You will have a field called Customer number and you need to inpur the Customer number there to link the supplier and customer

You also need to input the Tax Registration number of the customer into supplier for validation purpose

Then you run Supplier Customer netting report in Payables to get the net balance

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
muskan

Post by muskan »

Hi
I gave the customer ID no in the supplier customer no field and in the tax registration no i give the same ID as of customer but when i go for Supplier Customer netting report in Payables i dont find any such report in AP and what is the process of validation plz reply soon
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Hi Folks,

I have define a customer in Receivables, the same i have copied in Supplier with customer number and tax regestration no.

while running "Supplier and Customer Netting Report". I am getting only Receivables Transactions only.

would any body explain me how could i get Payables Invoices in this report.

Regards
Anjani Kumar
nikkysri

Post by nikkysri »

Hai muskan

U
You will find the Supplier and Customer Netting Report report in AR

Regards,

Nikky .......
rajasekhar_mutyala

Post by rajasekhar_mutyala »

in apps 11.5.10 there is one topic called Contra Charging.

In R12 this topic is known as AR/AP NETTING . Go through

this topics in pdf which is covered extensively.

Regarding R12 topics there is one excellent site

www.sanjitanand.com
www.appsepicenter.com

hope this site helps you.
pinnaka.financial

Post by pinnaka.financial »

hi,
friend

I think that there is one option in receivables i.e Reciprocal customer and one more option in Payables in suplier site i.e Attention in AR. I think the two options are helpful to you

Thanks
Satyanarayana.P