Multiple Set Of Books

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kishorebhupati

Multiple Set Of Books

Post by kishorebhupati »

Hi,
We have 4 set of Books and the same COA,Currency,Calender for these. We are facing problem while selecting values in entering Invoice as the values entered in one SOB getting reflected in all other with a big list select for.
How can we restrict this so that the values of one of SOB get reflected in only that SOB and not all SOB.
Thanks in Advance
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

It seems you have attached the same Company Segment Valueset to all the four set of books. The Company Segment Valueset alone needs to be separate for each set of books. Then you will get only one value for each set of books.If you want same Natural account code across all set of books, You should attach only Account Valueset to all the Four set of books.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
You can try Security Rules in General Ledger GL: Setup > Financials > Flexfields > Key > Security > Define (then Assign). You will be able to assign these security rules to responsibilities.

Let us know if still any further query.

Thanks
jesik

Post by jesik »

Hi

Do you tried with cross validation rules??

This is effective when you share de COA in diferents SOB...

regards
amicguys

Post by amicguys »

[quote]Hi

Do you tried with cross validation rules??

This is effective when you share de COA in diferents SOB...

regards

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by jesik
amicguys

Post by amicguys »

[quote]Hi

It seems you have attached the same Company Segment Valueset to all the four set of books. The Company Segment Valueset alone needs to be separate for each set of books. Then you will get only one value for each set of books.If you want same Natural account code across all set of books, You should attach only Account Valueset to all the Four set of books.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by SIVAKUMAR_G
kishorebhupati

Post by kishorebhupati »

Hi Admin N All,
Instead of Define-> Assigning Security rule is there any option, because even though using same COA, the segments like
Location -> Place of Vehicle,
Analysis -> Vehicle Number,
which we will have in our COA differ across 15 SOBS as they are different states.
roy

Post by roy »

Just to Kill the thought.

Set of Books security clearly defines that the application Responsibility is explicitly tied to a single Set of Books through the Profile.

You can have several SOB for a Business Group. u have 4.
Several GRE /LE can belong to [only] ONE SOB not to multiple SOB.

If this is the case what are you trying here - jump responsibility?

Pls post if you found the solution for this.
masthan

Post by masthan »

hai

Sorry,I am not getting u r point,if changed the valueset in CoA that will automatically
change in SOB righty.If 4 sob Using the Same CoA That will appear there also.

So its not possible to Maintain Defferent Valueset with Same CoA.
tsm.apps

Post by tsm.apps »

Hi All,

I have one query please direct me, You have 4 SOB's and same COA, Currency and Calender right then you can use one set of book in place of 4 SOB's. Why your using 4 SOB's with same COA's and all.

If you have any Business justification please tell me and we will go forword further action.

Thanks and Regards,
Siva
vijayasarathyr

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Hi Kishore,

1. As asked by Siva, if all the three C's are same, then what is the purpose of replication?

2. As mentioned by ROY, SOB is clearly securtised in the profile option you set for each responsibility. There are important profile options you set for each responsibilities. They are: GL Set of Books, MO: Operating Unit, HR User, HR Security Profile and Business Group. By this, it is sure that you will not be accounting in all the 4 SOBs when u use only one with a responsibility.

3. I too feel to have different value set for each SOB if required but it only increases the maintenance work for the super user. One has to dataload all the values. Still I would suggest:

a) Different Value set for those segment which are unique by SOBs. For example, Co, Branches or BUs
b) Same value set for those segment which are common across SOBs. For example, Account, Cost Center, Department etc.,

Hope this solves and clears you. Let me know if you need any further help.
tsm.apps

Post by tsm.apps »

Hi admin and jesik,

Please let me know how you will use security rules and cross validation rules for 4 same SOB's.

Once you defined the security and cross validation rules how function will work.

Thanks and Regards,
Siva.
kishorebhupati

Post by kishorebhupati »

Hi All,
Thanks for your contribution we had 6 segments and in that first three are like Company, Department,Account which are common across all the SOBS but the segment 4 Locations differs from State to State and Segment 5 Analysis where in we take Vehicle Number differs accross all SOBS.
I dont think the only solution which can fit in to the problem is enabling Security rule with Include and Exclude.
qamer.financial

Post by qamer.financial »

It is better keep specific COA for Specific SOB
ksribhas

Post by ksribhas »

Yes only security rules will work in this case.Security rules are assigned at the Responsibility level.You cannot use Cross Validation Rules since they are attache the Chart of Accounts level.

We had this issue for one of our clients. The work around we used was we defined different Accounting structures ( basically different names) but used the same value sets. In this way when we defined cross validation rules,they applied to that single SOB since the structure was being used by that SOB only