How to pay Invoice witha payment in different curr

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
saytara_2010

How to pay Invoice witha payment in different curr

Post by saytara_2010 »

How to make a payment in a functional currency to pay invoice in a different currency?

Is it possible ?
please this is urgent
shivaerpstuff

Post by shivaerpstuff »

Hi
In payable options, if you enable foreign currney option
then you can pay in any curreny. other wise it's not possible.
benny

Post by benny »

I guess u are trying to pay an invoice with a different currency and if I'm correct its not possible to pay in a currency other than the invoice currency.

Shivaerpstuff,

R u refering to Multi currency option in Currency tab , Payables options. Kindly clarify.

Thanks.[?]
saytara_2010

Post by saytara_2010 »

In payable options {Multiple currency option} is already enabled.

But if u try to make a payment in USD currency. You will be able to see USD invoices only and not other currencies.
rajasekhar_mutyala

Post by rajasekhar_mutyala »

Sat

In Payables payments are dependent on the invoice currency.

We can make cross currency payments only for Euro but not in any other curencies.

rajasekhar.
tsm.apps

Post by tsm.apps »

Hi all,

Your invoice currency is in USD and you need to pay in EUR, for this we need to do some setups, please follow the set ups,

1. In payable Options just you enable multi currency option.
2. You define one new payable Document.
3. define one new payment format with multiple currency (Enable multi currency check box and give the terget currency)
4. Enforce the new payment format to new payable document.
5. whenever you doing the payment just u select the new payable document (already we enforce the payment format to payable document).

By using this we can do the payment in differency currency.

Hi friends please give the direction if i am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,
Siva.
vijayasarathyr

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Hi Siva,

You are right. This is the only way one can make payment in any currency.
But do we need to create one separately if the check printing is not used?

If there is no check printing happening at the client side and the payments are just recorded, then you can just:

1. Go to Payment Format Screen
2. Query the payment format that you have attached with the payable document in bank setup.
3. To your right hand side you can see the currency option where Single currency is enabled and provided.
4. Change that to multiple currency.

Now you will be able to to a multipple currency payment with same payment format. However logically, if the check printing option is there, then this process should not be followed rather cannot be followed.

But Saytara, please also check the invoice currency and payment currency setup for the suppplier if it has any validation.
kannan

Post by kannan »

HI Vijayasarathy..

So you are trying to say that In AP we can make the payment in different currency other than the invoice currency irrespective of functional currency?

Then the golden rule of AP gets exhausted here...

please clarify my doubt

Regards

Kannan
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi Guys

Refer metalink Note#333923.1 - UnableTo Pay a Foreign Currency Invoice which gives step by step instruction on How to handle the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
vijayasarathyr

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Kannan,

Please note that I have mentioned in a line that this process cannot be followed. If need be this can be achieved was what my point. If you have banking account in multiple currency you can make payment in any of its currency irrespective of your functional currency.

Your accounting and reporting is what done in functional currency.

Will you say that if I have a US currency account with Citibank for example where my functional currency is INR and my supplier is from US, why should I make a loss in exchange when I have US currency account.

I hope this clarifies you. However, Sivakumar is my senior and he has given a note from metalink which will be final for this issue I think.

Have fun.
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Dear members,

As per metalink note and your setup steps i have tested.

i raised an invoice in INR, payment method as INR in invoice( i am unable to change the payment currency at invoice form level).

while making payments i have choosen payment currency as USD but i havenot seen any invoice number for applying payment for that payble document and supplier.

so as per my testing i am unable to make a payment in foreign currency.

If any suggestions let me know.

regards
Anjani Kumar
divakerp

Post by divakerp »

Hi,

Invoice raised in functional/foreign currency, it should be paid by the invoice currency only.... As I know, there is no such option or work around to pay the invoice other than invoice currency.