Mass Additions

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
arun1203

Mass Additions

Post by arun1203 »

Dear Members,[:)]

I have one doubt in Mass Additions.

1/ I have created an invoice with 'X' asset account.

2/ Validated the invoice and created accounting for the same.

3/ Then I have ran 'Payables Transfer to GL'.

4/ Then I have ran ' Mass Additions Create' program .

After all the above steps I went to Prepare Mass Additions form and queried my invoice but there were no records found.

The reason I found was ,the 'X' Asset Account which I used to create the invoice, was not associated with any Asset Category.

Then I have assigned the 'X' Asset Account with one of the Asset Category.

Now again I have run 'Mass Additions Create' program but this invoice is not getting picked because already it was processed by the same program.

To overcome this do I need to create the invoice again?

Is that the only solution?

Please help me in this regard

Regards,
Arun Reddy. [:)]
eswar_chinni

Post by eswar_chinni »

HI

Enable Track as asset and run mass addition create program. I hope that it will solve your problem
arun1203

Post by arun1203 »

Hi Eswar,[:)]

Thanks for your reply.

I think you didnt got my question.

<font color="red"><b>'Track as Asset'</b> </font id="red"> flag was checked and I have ran the <font color="red"><b>'Mass Additions Create'</b> </font id="red"> program.

I dont have any doubts in that regard.

My problem was I have ran the <font color="red"><b>'Mass Additions Create' </b></font id="red"> program and it picked my invoice for processing.

According to the standard functionality when you run the 'Mass Additions Create' program it will not pick the invoices which it already processed.

Now because of some reason if you want your invoice to be picked up again my the 'Mass Additions Create' program then what we have to do?

This is my question.

Anyway after digging metalink I found that when you want already processed invoices to be picked up again by 'Mass Additions Create' program ,then we need to do <font color="red"><b>'Data Fixing' </b></font id="red"> by logging a TAR with metalink.

Lastly I found the solution.

<font color="blue"><b>Regards,[:)]
Arun Reddy</b></font id="blue">
ksribhas

Post by ksribhas »

For the mass additions create process to import an invoice line distribution to Oracle Assets, these specific conditions must be met:

? The line is charged to an account set up as an Asset account
? The account is set up for an existing asset category as either the asset clearing
account or the CIP clearing account
? The Track As Asset check box is checked. (It is automatically checked if the account
is an Asset account)
2-38 Oracle Assets User Guide
? The invoice is approved
? The invoice line distribution is posted to Oracle General Ledger from Payables
? The general ledger date on the invoice line distribution is on or before the date you specify for the create program