How Single Cheque payment to Multiple Supplier Inv

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kishorebhupati

How Single Cheque payment to Multiple Supplier Inv

Post by kishorebhupati »

I want to issue a Single Cheque to Muliple invoices with different Suppliers for that I select the Alternate Name to be same in All suppliers.
Explian how it can be done without trans
venureddy

Post by venureddy »

hi kishore,
For that u need to create payable documents at bank level,where u need to give the number of documents say 1 to 50 .Now u can pay 50 invoices...reply me,if it is wrong

Regards
venu reddy
kishorebhupati

Post by kishorebhupati »

This is not creating of Payble document Numbers in bank I want to issue a single cheque to multiple invoices with multiple suppliers.
divakerp

Post by divakerp »

Kishore,

Very sorry to ask... If we think in a live scenario, how can it be feasible to pay different suppliers with a single check. Please clarify.
kishoreoracle

Post by kishoreoracle »

hi kishore, this not possible to make payments to multiple suppliers issuing a single check. it is not possible at all. correct me if am wrong.
Raja73

Post by Raja73 »

Somebody asked the scenario:

It can be like this.

Issuing a cheque One Check to the Banker to obtain multiple Pay orders / Demand Drafts etc. and later ditributing those Pay orders / Demand Drafts to the Suppliers.

Work around has to be developed like create a dummy bank account with DD / Pay Order Numbers numbers as payable document numbers (Cheque numbers). make the payment to the dummy bank account with one cheque and from there issue multiple cheques (DD numbers given by bank) to the suppliers.

If somebody has good work around, please give us so that I can improve myself

DONEPUDI
ramesh.nalem

Post by ramesh.nalem »

<b>Single Cheque to Muliple invoices with different Suppliers </b>

That is possible through a process called Electronic Consolidated Payment System (ECPS), formerly known as Electronic Billing System, to capture multiple invoice transactions recurring for major suppliers such as phone, utilities, fuel companies and PWGSC for taxis. The major benefits of this process are the saving on the number of staff required and time needed to input numerous individual transactions. Invoices are processed in an efficient manner, posted electronically and suppliers are paid immediately by the issuance of a single cheque.
kishorebhupati

Post by kishorebhupati »

Hi All,
Raja and Ramesh has put some useful opinions and understood what the real Scenario demands ,in our case it is issuing of Demand Drafts to 100 Fuel filling stations and similarly payment of salaries also is a Scenario. I invite and welcome others also to put some light in to this problem and creating Dummy Bank account may solve the problem to some extent but not in toto.