Installing Oracle Applications 11i on Windows

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
nome02

Installing Oracle Applications 11i on Windows

Post by nome02 »

Hi Gurus

I am a learner of Oracle Apps and trying to install Oracle Apps 11i on desktop running Win XP. I have oracle media pack 11i for win xp. So very hopeful that I can install it. I have 2Gig memory and 300 Gig HD on XP box so I think It should be fine as far as Hardware is concern. But I am not sure about the additional software or patches I have to install before I start the Oracle Apps Installation. Please guide me what all steps I have to follow for successful installation. By the way I ran the installation once and failed after staging and installation started and after about 1 hour of setup I got message installation failed but I dont know exact error message.
Atif

Post by Atif »

Hi
U need to install some third part tools as well.They are
1)Microsoft VC
2)JDK
3)MKS Toolkit
4)Gnu Make
What about the status of pre installation checks.
Atif
nome02

Post by nome02 »

Cool, Let me do that see what happens. One pre_install check failed "GNUmake not found". Rest every thing passed and I have not installed Microsoft VC , MKS Toolkit either. I have MS VC++ but what is this MKS Toolkit and how can I get it . It is freeware ?

Thanks Atif for your help. Have you done installation on Win before ?
Atif

Post by Atif »

Hi
I dont think MKS toolkit is freeware u can check it on its website.Have u gone through Installation guide present in the documentation CD.Under Software Requirements section it is mentioned that which third part tools u need to install on Windows.
Yes I have done installation on windows before.
Atif
admin

Post by admin »

Please find the MKS tool ket web site,

http://www.mkssoftware.com/

Secondly you will have to care the sequence of installation of all these products else you will face different issues.