Choose set of books

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Shashi_k

Choose set of books

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

Can any one tell me what is the use of Choose set of books in payables when we create new payables responsibility, when we already have GL:Sets Of Books profile Option available. What is the importance of choosing a set of book and how is it differ in GL SETS OF BOOKS OPTION.

Regards,
Shashi.
pinnaka.financial

Post by pinnaka.financial »

hi
shashi

I think that u r set of books is nothing but leegal entity yes
in payables only select two set of books chance no other module can;t have this type of option.
on basis of which set of books u r entity will going
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi Pinnaka,

Thanks for your reply, I am not clear with what you said.
Set of book never mean legal entity. Legal entity is one step down in the organization hierarchy and one set of books can have more then one legal entity. I am still not clear with the difference of choose set of books and select GL sets of Books profile option.

Regards,
Shashi.
admin

Post by admin »

Your set of books defines the account structure, accounting calendar, and functional currency your organization uses to record transactions in Payables. If you are not using the Multiple Organization support feature, you can choose one primary set of books for each installation of Payables. You can choose one primary set of books for each installation of Payables. You can choose a secondary set of books in the Accounting Methods region of the Payables Options window if you are keeping both an accrual and cash set of books.

Your system administrator associates sets of books with one or more responsibilities. Your responsibility determines with which set of books you are working. You have the option of setting up multiple organizations within one installation of Payables. Your system administrator associates a responsibility with a particular organization and set of books. The name of your set of books appears on all reports you generate in Payables.
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi Admin,

Thank you so much for your reply. Now my doubt is why such choose set of books option is not provided to any other modules WHY only to payables. What is the difference in two options select Gl sets of books at profile option and Choose set of books.

Regards,
Shashi.