Approval - Position Hierarchy

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
anu_uma

Approval - Position Hierarchy

Post by anu_uma »

Hi all,

I have some interesting query ! ! !

I have to have two Approval Groups in one OU

Structure of the Approval Groups is as follows

A - will have a team of buyers and he has the limit of approving all the PO's up to 10 Crore.

B- will have a team of buyers who has the limit of approving all the PO's up to 2 crores and above 2 crores has to go to A for approval.

For Ex. we can have A as head of the department and B can be a Manager under him we can have few Officers where as A will also have some officers where the PO's entered by the A's Officers has to be approved by A only.

If any one can give a solution, or if you need any clarification please let me know...

Regards,
Anu
admin

Post by admin »

I have sent a suggested hierarchy diagram via email. Pl try that and let us know if it will work for you or not. thanks
sks123sks2004

Post by sks123sks2004 »

Pls can you post the solutution here also so that the others are also benefitted.
admin

Post by admin »

Let her try and if it will work for her will share with all of you. thanks
sks123sks2004

Post by sks123sks2004 »

but what if she forgets to reply even if it works?
vlu_latha

Post by vlu_latha »

Buyers in Group A and Group B are should be in the same Position Hierarchy which is used by you as Position Hierarchy for Security both
Purchasing Documents and Purchasing Options.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Dear All,

When I post a query here it means answer will also be posted here...

Let me explain you the answer.. It is working....

I have created 4 positions Ex. Head, Manager, Executive, Officer

Where Officer & Executives will have no limits to approve any PO. All the PO's entered by the Officer will go directly to Head.

Manager has the limit up to 2 Cr and the PO's entered by Executive will be approved by the Manager and above 2 crores will be approved by the Head.

In the Employee details, I assign the JOB as Executive/Officer and Supervisor name will be Manager/Head
Along with the Position Hierarchy.

Now I have two Position Hierarcy Officer to Head and Executive to Manager to Head under one Operating Unit.

Where the Limits plays a major role....

Rest all same as Position hierarchy...
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Admin,

I should say thanks to you only as it worked after discussing with you..
I have defined the same positions earlier also, but I made small changes based upon your hierarchy diagram, i made small changes in the approval limits and tried, it worked out..

Thanks,
Uma
admin

Post by admin »

Hi All,
I had sent the following diagram and I would like to add one more thing that if there are multiple employees on a position and that position is assigned for approval then who will approve the document? In this case the Work flow will send for approval to the first employee alphabetically. Thanks

sks123sks2004

Post by sks123sks2004 »

Hi,

Is there any way where if there are multiple employees on a position and that position is assigned for approval then instead of sending it for approval to the first employee alphabetically it goes to the desired emp.

One way you can solve this is by selecting forward to while sending the document for approval and selecting the desired employee!

But can it be automated. i.e without selecting also it goes to the appropriate employee.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,

when you define the supervisor for an employee, while approving click on approve and format, automatically the Po is sent to the Supervisor even though there are more than one person in the same position.

Its based on the employee - supervisor based on the position ...

U can try the same and let us know if u have any issues....

Its working for me..

I have two superivisors(Approvers) and multiple subordinates as officer/executives(Buyers)....
Whenever a PO is sent for approval by a buyer, it goes to the concerned supervisor only make sure that you check the forward button while approving the PO.

Regards,
Anu
sks123sks2004

Post by sks123sks2004 »

No.
Its not behaving like that in my case.

Even when I have defined the employee supervisor relationship and when approving I am clicking on Approve and Forward then the first person (alpphabetically) in that position is getting selected and not the supervisor.

I have to select the supervisor manually.

May be in your case supervisor comes first alphabetically.
Pls can you check and revert back.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

hi,

Have u attached the supervisor name to the buyer?

Anu
sks123sks2004

Post by sks123sks2004 »

Hi,

Yes the supervisors name is attached.!!

Saurabh
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Do you use position hierarchy ?

Anu