Invoice Match

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kayode

Invoice Match

Post by kayode »

Help!!! Is It possible to configure AP so that some invoices are matched to PO and some are not.
We have a situation where one of our OU are always retrospecctively creating PO's for a range of suppliers, so we want to remove the requirement to match to a PO for these invoices only.
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

we may remove the option of matching to PO for such invoices by controlling same from supplier site level please un check the hold at site level under CONTROL tab of matching required for these suppliers. hope it works
kayode

Post by kayode »

Thanks for your response, Can we have a situation where we have PO matching non mandatory (ie unmatched invoices not placed on hold) and have invoice approval workflow AME used.

We need to be able to pass only unmatched invoices through the invoice approval workflow.

Thanks
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

that you may contro through a specific responsiblity see

for a specific responsibility you may have option of FORCE APPROVAL where you can alloe in that particular respon not to have invoice approval option and for rest i mean for any other respoon you may ON the payable option of Required Approval hope you feel comfort now
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi C-Moon , Can you elaborate littile bit more with any scnario. Little bit cofusing.

thanks and regards,
Murthyoracle
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

look as far as i could understand

for one type of invoices he wants to have no approval process to work on for such invoices we may over ride this option and allow a particular resp to have Force approval option here

but in other respon we may have invoice approval process to work on so here the user after entering the invoice will tick Initiate approval and invoice will go in to approval process
banutinku

Post by banutinku »

Hi kayode,

As per my knowledge by going thru chain of responses..your query is thet you need some PO's should be matched with some invoices and some not.

The PO's which are not matched with invoices should have AME approval process right.

If you don't want match some PO's with Invoices convert those PO's as ERS program where in in PO module which coverts to Invoices directly.

And for the invoices if you don't to enable AME approvel process..

If you don't need unmatched invoices on hold then disable the check box

1.Hold Unmatched Invoices in Supplier Tab of System Opitons.

For the invoices which you don't need AME approval process then go to Payables Options and disable the check box Use Invoice Approval Workflow. Then try to validate the invoices.

If your confused then let me know.

Thanks
Bhanu
kayode

Post by kayode »

Thanks for all your replies, The solution which seems to suit our needs is to:
1) ensure invoices that at are not matched to a PO do not go on hold (ie uncheck 'Hold Unmatched Invoice' in Financials Options) .

2) these invoices not matched to a PO go through the Invoice Approval Workflow.

I will put this process through its paces in test and will let you know how I get on.

Regards
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Bhanu and C-Moon has given good solutions. kayode Please update the issue that what you got result so that it will be helpful to other members.

thanks and regards,
Murthyoracle.