Global Bank R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
k.khan

Global Bank R12

Post by k.khan »

we have 6 legal entities and the payment is usually made through 1 specified legal entitiy operating unit A now can we make the payment through this operating unit A for all remaing operating units of diferent legal entities.
shweta.gupta

Post by shweta.gupta »

Hi Khan,

Answer is NO. You cannot make payment for all your Operating Units through one Operating Unit i.e. A because, we define banks on the base of Legal Entity in R12 & Operating unit is based on LE, hence other operating units cannot be accessed from other LE or Banks to make the payment.

Thanks
Shweta
shweta.gupta

Post by shweta.gupta »

Hi Khan,

Pls ignore my earlier reply, you can make payment from one operating unit for all other remaining OU by using MOAC feature in R12.
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

plz share with me the steps through which i can share the bank account and make payment through 1 OU
shweta.gupta

Post by shweta.gupta »

Have you done MOAC setup?
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

yah i have for the testing purpose formed a legal entity and i also have assigned a new ledger and all that in short i have added my ledger with the legal entity of vision operations through security wizard in sysadmin user management responsisbility even though nothing change
shweta.gupta

Post by shweta.gupta »

You have to assign you operating units to each application through MOAC Feature which is new in R12.

1. Switch to HRMS > Security > Profile.
2. attach all your OU to the named MOAC feature.
3. Security type as - "Secure Org by Org heirarchy and/or org list"
4. Run Request ? Security List maintenance to assign multiple Operating Unit to one Ledger & Run Replicate Seed data.
5. Assign Profile option ? ?MO: Security Profile? to each resposibility.
6. Attach Legal Entity & Ledger to the Operating Unit
Navigation: AP > Setup > Organization

Then u can access all operating unit across LE.
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

Thanks shweta.gupta...let me explain more clearly in another context i want to make payment for all operating unit (definately they have their own LEs) from a single bank..now suggest mean while let me go through urs
shweta.gupta

Post by shweta.gupta »

U can make payment from one bank to multiple OU, but those OU's must be attached to one LE which is been attached to the particular Bank account.
In other words, only those many OU can be used for payment which are assigned to particular bank account.