is there any possibility to make payments

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
vasanthchegu

is there any possibility to make payments

Post by vasanthchegu »

is there any possibility to make payments of one operating unit supplier to some other operating unit supplier

I mean supplier invoice recevied from ABC Operating unit and can i make the payment in XYZ operating unit
kkmundhra

Post by kkmundhra »

Hi Vasanth

I dont think so it is possible to make payments of one operating unit in another operating unit.

Folks please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Karan
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

suppliers are shared entities but you must first open the site for the same supplier in your concerned OU then you can make payment from same OU
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Vasanth,
It is not possible in 11.5.10 as Supplier Global and Site will be Local i.e OU Level. It will not allow to access other OUs Supplier Site information. so You cannot paid other OU Supplier with different Site invoices.

But your requirement will be supported in R12 comfortably.

Regards,
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Murthy,

Could u pls tell me in detail how can we make pmt to the supplier from other OU when Invoice booked in another OU...in R12 environment.

I am facing the same problem in AR also....

Thanks
Nagaramesh

[quote]Hi Vasanth,
It is not possible in 11.5.10 as Supplier Global and Site will be Local i.e OU Level. It will not allow to access other OUs Supplier Site information. so You cannot paid other OU Supplier with different Site invoices.

But your requirement will be supported in R12 comfortably.

Regards,

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Murthyoracle
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Hi nagaramesh,

In R12 banks are owned by LE level ...so you can make payment for any OU under that LE.

Thanks,

Aman
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Aman Khan,

Though Banks are at LE level but Account is at OU level only and Supplier is global but site is local. so how can I made payment to the other OU supplier site by using my OU Bank account???

Thanks
Nagaramesh

[quote]Hi nagaramesh,

In R12 banks are owned by LE level ...so you can make payment for any OU under that LE.

Thanks,

Aman

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by AmanKhan
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Nag,

In R12, LE is playing very Key role . In R12, All bank accounts and Sites and Balancing Segments will be attached to LE . Even OUs also will attach to LE. And you know you dont have any GL SOB concept and whereas You will have Ledger Concept.

while defining Primary Ledger and you have to define LE and attached balancing segment and OUs howmany u have and attached to LEs. When u open invoice window you will find OU field in Invoice Form in R12. you just go through R12 GL main set up Set up-> Key->Accounting Set up . This is HTML Page. Here you have to define Primary Ledger , LEs and OUs. etc. This is the main setup.

One more thing is , In R12, Supplier, Customer and Banks will be defined in TCA but not in Subledgers like 11i. Thats why you can access from any OU . However it is suggestable once go through R12 as i am also not position to give better explanation as i am also under screening.

regards
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Thank u Murthy,
Actually y i aksed this question is bcas of the follwoing issue:

I am trying apply a receipt (cheque) to the same customer who belongs to different OU and in this case LE & OU both r same. i.e. same customer is having sites in 2 different companies under same instance....

now my question z hw 2 apply this cheque to 2 compnaies

regards
nagaramesh

[quote]Hi Nag,

In R12, LE is playing very Key role . In R12, All bank accounts and Sites and Balancing Segments will be attached to LE . Even OUs also will attach to LE. And you know you dont have any GL SOB concept and whereas You will have Ledger Concept.

while defining Primary Ledger and you have to define LE and attached balancing segment and OUs howmany u have and attached to LEs. When u open invoice window you will find OU field in Invoice Form in R12. you just go through R12 GL main set up Set up-> Key->Accounting Set up . This is HTML Page. Here you have to define Primary Ledger , LEs and OUs. etc. This is the main setup.

One more thing is , In R12, Supplier, Customer and Banks will be defined in TCA but not in Subledgers like 11i. Thats why you can access from any OU . However it is suggestable once go through R12 as i am also not position to give better explanation as i am also under screening.

regards

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Murthyoracle