One check multiple customer invoices

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
byswamy

One check multiple customer invoices

Post by byswamy »

Hi,

Can i apply One check multiple customer invoices.

Thanks
Swamy
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Swamy,

If you want to apply multiple invoices for one customer, this way I think it's possible and available to apply one check for many invoices for one customer.

If you want to apply multiple invoices for multiple customers, I think this way not possible because each check must related to one customer only.

Thanks
Hisham
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

ys not possible
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Swamy,
You can apply One cheque to multiple customers, provided theyare under same Operating Unit.
There are two ways to do that:

One is in system Options>Transactions&Customers region enable "Allow Payment of Unrelated Transactions".

Second one, Define Paying Relationship between the Customers (to whoom you want to apply). If you do like this, You are able to see Transactions of all customers to whoom you defined the relationship.

I think It is useful to you.....

If any issues are there relating to this Please let me know the same..

thank you
naga ramesh

[quote]Hi,

Can i apply One check multiple customer invoices.

Thanks
Swamy

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by byswamy
kkmundhra

Post by kkmundhra »

Hi Nagaramesh

How do we define paying relationship between customers.

Please explain the process.

Thanks
Karan
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Nagaramesh,

This is very interesting. How can u track the check details of each customer. It shows same check number for all the customer. Is there any report to find out through the customer details who are using same check.

Eg. In same OU, Customer A,B&C are there. They are having different bank accounts. Even though they are having accounts in the same bank How can they give same cheque for payment. As Cheque No. should be unique to track the record. This is normal business process.

How can u define Paying Relationship between the Customers .

So can u please spare some time and explain the process with screen shots if possible.

Thanks in advance
Murthyoracle
byswamy

Post by byswamy »

Thanks Nagaramesh,

I applied one check for multiple customer...as you said tha i attache B customer in A Customer relationship tab. When i do receipt i have given A customer name and entered into Apply tab...I got A&B Customer invoices.

Thanks again your valuble inputs.

Swamy
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Murthy,

It is possible in case of Group Customers. say A group is having 2 branches name B and C. But we defined all the 3 as different customers i.e. Customer A, Customer B and C. Now I received a Cheque from A which also inculde the B & C outstanding balances.

It is possible in real time also. This issue I faced practically....

But I am also not clear regarding reporting.....

I think now you got clarity.. If any thing is there please let me know the same.

Thank You
Nagaramesh

[quote]Hi Nagaramesh,

This is very interesting. How can u track the check details of each customer. It shows same check number for all the customer. Is there any report to find out through the customer details who are using same check.

Eg. In same OU, Customer A,B&C are there. They are having different bank accounts. Even though they are having accounts in the same bank How can they give same cheque for payment. As Cheque No. should be unique to track the record. This is normal business process.

How can u define Paying Relationship between the Customers .

So can u please spare some time and explain the process with screen shots if possible.

Thanks in advance
Murthyoracle

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Murthyoracle
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Karan Mundra,

It is a very simple setup which is of two types:

One enable "Payment of Unrelated Customers" in System Options >Transactions & Customers.

Second, Navigate to the Customer go to the relations at Account level and define paying relationship between the Customers.

Note: this is R12 environment.

Thank You
Nagaramesh

[quote]Hi Nagaramesh

How do we define paying relationship between customers.

Please explain the process.

Thanks
Karan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by kkmundhra