who knows about conference room pilot (CRP)

Under this forum members can discuss the AIM and its different documents.
goldy

who knows about conference room pilot (CRP)

Post by goldy »

<b>Hi folks,
is here anybody knows about conference room pilot (CRP)...if there is one or more let us share the knowledge please...i do not mean the meaning of it,it is an implementation methodology but if somebody has documents or white papers about it and it's steps,documents...bla bla...let us share.
thank you inadvance</b>
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

I would like to say few words which can throw some light on CRP....
CRP is actually an event . It is not a document prescribed by AIM methodology. However it forms part of the process flow of the project. This would happen at the stage before User Acceptance Testing.
What happens in an CRP is, the Client and the Consultants meet together, and discuss on how the system has been implemented, and look for further improvisations, new requirements, modifications from the client side, and incorporate the same in the implementation and conduct a UAT.
How the client will tell the improvisations and new requirements needed for him? Test scenrios and test scripts are given to the client, to perform all the future business requirements by the client personnel and provide the feedback to the implementation team.

CRP need not be an Single time event, it can happen more than once (CRP 1, CRP 2) .... but UAT will be one final event, where Client and Implementation team will conclude thier acceptance and do a sign off.

You could see a small reference made in the AIM methodology manual about CRP, i am pasting it for your reference...
1) Business system test which is commonly conducted as a formal conference room pilot (CRP)
2) A system test in an environment set up to simulate the future production environment.

The above references justifies that , it is an event which takes place before UAT, therefore this event forms part of testing phase in the implementation process.