How to apply a Receipt to more than one OUs

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
nagaramesh

How to apply a Receipt to more than one OUs

Post by nagaramesh »

Dear Friends

Can any one help me on the follwoing issue:

I want to apply a Receipt to More than one Operating Units. How can I do that??
[:)]
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Admin,

<b>Can u pls consider this one as urgent!!!!!!!!</b>

Cheers
nagaramesh
anjan.614

Post by anjan.614 »

What is the verison u are using is it 11i or r12?

R12 we have this feature.

11i:

How u are entering recipt directly into the ERP OR is there any third party tool.

Is it frequent requiremnt or rare.

Is it for one receipt and one time or no of recipt and continous proces.

Please let me know the deatails for more understanding.

Regards,
Anjan
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Anjan,
thanks for ur response.

version r12

receipts are entering directly through ERP only

on an avg monthly they are entering 20 to 30 receipts like this

Ex: A company received a receipt from a cusotmer which belongs both A & B Companies. A & B are sharing single ledger only as these two are belongs to same group. Legal Entity & Operating Unit both are same.

cheers
nagaramesh

[quote]What is the verison u are using is it 11i or r12?

R12 we have this feature.

11i:

How u are entering recipt directly into the ERP OR is there any third party tool.

Is it frequent requiremnt or rare.

Is it for one receipt and one time or no of recipt and continous proces.

Please let me know the deatails for more understanding.

Regards,
Anjan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by anjan.614
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

nagaramesh
Untill release 12 release , Oracle application does not allow to access more than one Operating Unit from one Responsibility . The profile option MO Operating unit assigned to each responsibility will control the access to the specific Operating unit . so it is not possible to apply one receipt to more than one operating unit in respect of operating unit data security .

I understood that You have 2 operating units sharing one legal entity , is it right . Are you using the same bank account for both Operating units? let me know

Thanks

Joy Thomas
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Joy,
It is not under same Legal entity, two different legal entities but Legal entity is acting as Operating Unit also, Bank also not same those two are different.

I think, I am clear.

cheers
nagaramesh

[quote]nagaramesh
Untill release 12 release , Oracle application does not allow to access more than one Operating Unit from one Responsibility . The profile option MO Operating unit assigned to each responsibility will control the access to the specific Operating unit . so it is not possible to apply one receipt to more than one operating unit in respect of operating unit data security .

I understood that You have 2 operating units sharing one legal entity , is it right . Are you using the same bank account for both Operating units? let me know

Thanks

Joy Thomas

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by joythomas
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Nagaramesh.

In Release 12, one of the architecture changes made in Oracle Application was, all transactions will have legal entity information. In previous Oracle versions, especially from 10.7 and 11i all the Sub ?ledger r transactions had the operating unit information.

You can not share the Bank account between legal entities as the same was in Operating units in 11i and 10.7. You have already mentioned that you have separate bank accounts for each Legal entity. In release 12 , You can not apply the receipt of the one customer of an LE in another LE.

You will be able to apply the receipts to across the operating units in the same Legal entity.

Legal entity is an entity registered with Legal Authority . Concept is that each one of the LE is unique in nature . I think you might have made 2 LE?s based on the line of business or the Geographical location and these two LEs have the same line of business ?, I did not understand how the paying organization (company ) is clubbing the payment for two distinct organizations and sending you as one check , As a business process , ask the payer to send you separate check for each legal entities. The volume of these receipts are also not significant in numbers.

Let me know how you resolve this issue .Let me research this further and this is quite interesting .
Here is some useful links for your reference.
http://www.oracleappshub.com/release12/ ... ty-uptake/
Metalink notes
Subject: Oracle Applications Multiple Organizations Access Control for Custom Code
Doc ID: Note:420787.1 Type: WHITE PAPER

Subject: Legal Entity Uptake in Receivables
Doc ID: Note:414014.1

Thanks

Joy Thomas
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

I logged an SR with Oracle and Oracle responded as follows even for receipt application within one LE to multiple OU Not possible in R12

QUESTION
========
There is a way of applying one receipt to multiple Transactions across Operating Units in Oracle Receivables ?

ANSWER
======
No, you cannot apply one receipt to multiple Transactions across Operating Units in Oracle Receivables.

I understand the reason being the receipt class and payment methods are still OU specific

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Thank you very much Thomas,

I will search the same in metalink...

cheers
nagaramesh.

[quote]Nagaramesh.

In Release 12, one of the architecture changes made in Oracle Application was, all transactions will have legal entity information. In previous Oracle versions, especially from 10.7 and 11i all the Sub ?ledger r transactions had the operating unit information.

You can not share the Bank account between legal entities as the same was in Operating units in 11i and 10.7. You have already mentioned that you have separate bank accounts for each Legal entity. In release 12 , You can not apply the receipt of the one customer of an LE in another LE.

You will be able to apply the receipts to across the operating units in the same Legal entity.

Legal entity is an entity registered with Legal Authority . Concept is that each one of the LE is unique in nature . I think you might have made 2 LE?s based on the line of business or the Geographical location and these two LEs have the same line of business ?, I did not understand how the paying organization (company ) is clubbing the payment for two distinct organizations and sending you as one check , As a business process , ask the payer to send you separate check for each legal entities. The volume of these receipts are also not significant in numbers.

Let me know how you resolve this issue .Let me research this further and this is quite interesting .
Here is some useful links for your reference.
http://www.oracleappshub.com/release12/ ... ty-uptake/
Metalink notes
Subject: Oracle Applications Multiple Organizations Access Control for Custom Code
Doc ID: Note:420787.1 Type: WHITE PAPER

Subject: Legal Entity Uptake in Receivables
Doc ID: Note:414014.1

Thanks

Joy Thomas

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by joythomas
b.sarika

Post by b.sarika »

Hi,

What ever Joy has explained legaly that is correct.
The check whold be in favour of one legal entity only so you can apply it to that particular LE's invoices only.

Thanks
Sarika
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

nagaramesh.

Did you try in your instance. Waht is the error you are getting ? Send me the specific business scenarios.
Send me the screen shots of your setups of the receipt class and payment methods to me. if you want , can email to - kjoythomas@yahoo.com

Thanks
Joy Thomas
brijesh_thakkar

Post by brijesh_thakkar »

Even in R12, it is not possible to apply single receipt to multiple OU (even if OUs are associated to same legal entity).

MOAC allows you to acess multiple operating unit from same responsibility. However, that does not mean you can create a single document (transactions, receipt etc) for multiple OU. Each document is still relates to one OU only.

In case of receipt, there is no OU selection on the UI. However, it is determined implicitly through receipt method (receipt mehtod is defined at OU level).

So the invoices available for receipt application will be filtered based on the OU associated with selected receipt method.