Taxes in PO and Item Rates in PO

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
aurobless

Taxes in PO and Item Rates in PO

Post by aurobless »

Hi
I am new to this forum and amazed with the stuff. I have a couple of issues which continues since the implementation (India).

1. The Purchase Orders which we create contains around 15 line items on an average. After saving the Purchase Order, we happen to select each line item in the Purchase Order and have to attach taxes, one after the other. In india, we have multiple taxes levied on an item. Hence it is very difficult for us to do this exercise for every item, every time. Is there any other way to handle this at the Header Level, apart from handling this via 'Item Category' ?

2. We have many common items purchased from different suppliers. Each supplier has different rates for them. We want to configure in such a way that, when an item is selected in the Purchase Order, system should automatically bring the rate for the supplier in the Header. How can I achieve this ?

Any help is appreciated.

Warm Regards
KS
sajid

Post by sajid »

hi
i can help u to solve your second issue.For this u should define quotions for both vendors separatly, and add that perticular item with rate to that quotations.By using quotations u may define an item for countless vendors.Quotation status should be active.
Regards
Sajid
aurobless

Post by aurobless »

Hi Sajid

Thanks for your input. I will try myself on the given solution. However, if you could provide me the flow, It would be of immense use for me.

HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Warm Regards
K. Srinivasan
aurobless

Post by aurobless »

Hi
I have done it through Quotation, as you suggested. I am able to pick the rates in PO through Catalogue function.

However, can you please suggest me a way to get the rate automatically, without through Catalogue.

Warm Regards
Srinivasan K
sajid

Post by sajid »

Hi
Attach these quotations with supplier by using Define Approved Supplier option in Purchasing>Suppliers>Define Approved Supplier.I hope this will solve ur problem.
aurobless

Post by aurobless »

Hi
Can you please be more specific. I have tried attaching these quotes, but I am not able to locate where should I do this.
aurobless

Post by aurobless »

Hi Sajid

I also understand, this is possible through Sourcing Rules. I am open for any suggestion.

Warm Regards
K. Srinivasan
rajdeepsandhu17

Post by rajdeepsandhu17 »

Hi,

Defining Tax categories and Item Categories is one time activity. When u create any PO taxes get defaulted.

I f you need any localization guide on Purchasing I can send u that.

Rgds,
Raj