AP - 11 - AP Accounting

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
navson

AP - 11 - AP Accounting

Post by navson »

Dear All
I m working on 11i.Indeed when i apply invoice on prepayment accounting for the one line didnt create.Thus status is unaccounted.this problem raised in feb 2007 then the period was closed but actually there exist a mismatch of balance between GL and AP.Should i make an adjustment directly in GL or is there any other solution?

Regards

Naveed
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Naveed,

For your problem you have to find out solution from AP only. First of all ensure that your prepayment properly validated and paid and accounted or not. After that raise Std. Invoice and ensure that this also validated properly. And then apply the Std; invoice agaisnt Prepayment. If u are unable to make create accoutning manually then run Payable account analysis report.

Without cancelling the Prepayment and Std; invoice in AP how can u make adjustment entry. What is the necessary to make enter in GL . Your main purpose to adjust the prepayment , then cancel earlier Invoices and raise fresh invoices in AP . Making Transaction from GL is not advisable when ur implementing in Sub modules. If u go throgh like this u will face Traial Balance accounting problem.

so first of all find out where is the problem.

thanks and regards,
Murhtyoracle.