Auto Pick Confirm Move Order

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
swting

Auto Pick Confirm Move Order

Post by swting »

Hi,

We are now transferring the materials from warehouse subinventory to staging subinventory at our production shop floor, using WIP's Component Pick Release screen. Currently, when we release the components for picking through the Component Pick Release screen, move orders will be generated and users have to manually transact the move orders.

Therefore, I am wondering if there's any possible configuration in the system of any versions that allow the move orders to be auto pick confirmed right when users release the components for picking through Component Pick Release screen? As far as I know, the auto pick confirm feature is available when release sales order for picking, but is it available in WIP Component Pick Release as well?
senthilrjj

Post by senthilrjj »

Hi

After the execution of the Pick Release in OM (Shipping) we need to run Move Orders in Inventory (Load data to staging). During Pick Release itself the items can be moved to staging by enabling the Option in the Item Master screen.

Item Master Screen

Revision, Lot, Serial [Tab] -- Picking Default [Section] Pick Confirmation Required [Unchecked]. If Checked then we have to run Move Orders every time we do pick release.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Rjj
swting

Post by swting »

Hi rjj,

Thanks for your reply. I know in sales order / shipping we can set whether a picking can either be auto pick-confirmed or need manual transacting move order.

But as what I posted earlier, I referred to Component Pick Release function in WIP, through this function, the corresponding generated move orders need to be manually transacted. As such, I'm wondering if there's a same setting in shipping, which allows auto pick-confirm the move orders generated from Component Pick Release in WIP?