How to disable the link of "Request"

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
jasmine.hue

How to disable the link of "Request"

Post by jasmine.hue »

Hi Gurus,

I need to know how to block certain reports when we navigate to
View --> Request.

I had created a specific responsibility which just allow access to only 1 inventory org, However, I still found that all the reports from all applications are accessable. I need to disable it for data security purpose.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Jasmine
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

[:(] Hi,

Can someone help?

Thanks.
admin

Post by admin »

Having access to reports is different than having access to data. Please give more details about your requirements. thanks
lukman

Post by lukman »

Why don't you create new request group?

Login as System Administrator > Security > Responsibility > Request

then put only the reports you want that responsibility can access.
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

Hi, My situation is like this. My application is a multi inventory org setup.
For certain module, we have a very tight control on the access. For example, engineering module, user who incharge for BOM at inv org A is not accessable to BOM at inv org B. Then user who incharge fro engineering not suppose to access any cost information including reports.

As of now, I customize 2 separate resposibilities to differentiate the 2 inventory org, which are "Eng A" and "Eng B" and I use Organization Access to restrict the access. On reporting menu at responsibility side, I found no problem because system actually limit the scope of acess to particular org.

My problem now is when navigate the report through menu bar; means from "View" --> "Request", user who use "Eng A" actually able to run all reports that contains costing information, like Inventory value report. [:(]

Therefore, I need a solution to restrict the access.

Hope this explain my requirements well.

Thanks,
Jasmine
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi Jasmine,

May I know your version of EBS, the request group's name you're using for Eng A and Eng B and what did you put in that request group? Thx
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

[quote]Hi Jasmine,

May I know your version of EBS, the request group's name you're using for Eng A and Eng B and what did you put in that request group? Thx

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by yudi_lukman
lukman

Post by lukman »

[quote][quote]Hi Jasmine,

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by yudi_lukman
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

Hi Yudi,

My situation is like this. My application is a multi inventory org setup.
For certain module, we have a very tight control on the access. For example, engineering module, user who incharge for BOM at inv org A is not accessable to BOM at inv org B. Then user who incharge fro engineering not suppose to access any cost information including reports.

As of now, I customize 2 separate resposibilities (RA & RB) to differentiate the 2 inventory org, which are "Eng A" and "Eng B" and I use Organization Access to restrict the access. On reporting menu at responsibility side, I found no problem because system actually limit the scope of acess to particular org.

My problem now is when navigate the report through menu bar; means from "View" --> "Request", user who use "Eng A" actually able to run all reports that contains costing information, like Inventory value report.

Therefore, I need a solution to restrict user who has repsonsibility RA & RB to access any report from
Purchasing
Inventory
Master Scheduling/MRP
Capacity

If still not clear, you can IM me at: [:)]

yahoo: lyhue802002
email: jasmine.hue@lkt.com.my

Thanks,
Jasmine
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

Hi Yudi,

Thanks, it is working, and it almost what I need. What if i want to control until only certain specific reports from the application?

For example:

For reports under Engineering application, I need to take out some because it contains costing. So am I able to do that?

Thanks,

Jasmine [:I]
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi,

glad to know it's working.

Can you be more specific about what you want to do ? Thx
wenjie

Post by wenjie »

you can do it in report, just in AFTER PARAMETER FORM trigger
u can use PLSQL to restrict user to acces the report
like this: