How does Oracle handle dimentional inventory?

Here members can post Oracle Manufacturing related questions and answers.
jasmine.hue

How does Oracle handle dimentional inventory?

Post by jasmine.hue »

Hi experts,

I have problem to handle dimentional inventory. Can someone advice?

Scenario is like this:

One of the subsidiary of my company is using sheet metal. Everytime after the cutting process. We have problem in storing the balance quantity. [:(]

For example: a piece of standard sheet metal is 2meter x 2meter. After the cutting and welding process. The balance left
0.5meter x 0.75 meter. Sometimes the left over material will not in specific shape, it depends the cutting design.

Please advice. Hope to hear from you.

You may IM me at :

Yahoo: lyhue802002
Email: jasmine.hue@lkt.com.my
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

Hi,

Can someone advice to my issue?

Thanks,

Jasmine
admin

Post by admin »

What is your normal practice on the floor? I think your store guys will be keeping such left overs (weight) in Kgs/tons? Just my thoughts. thanks
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

[quote]What is your normal practice on the floor? I think your store guys will be keeping such left overs (weight) in Kgs/tons? Just my thoughts. thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by admin
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

Hi,

I had checked with finance, currently store personnel will record the sheet metal stock level in excel. The material is kept according to dimention factors (Height x Width x Thickness). Everytime, store will issue 1 complete piece of sheet metal to production, if after the cutting process, the balance is around 50%, then shopfloor will return back store as 0.5; if the balance is reach 75%, then shopfloor will return back to store as 0.75. Whatever balance which not able to re-use, shopfloor will treat as wastage, and pending for scrap.

So currently, finance does not capture the wastage value until the moment of scrap.

Every month end, finance will base on the inventory level and calculate the cost. For case 0.5, finance will calculate the cost as (purchase unit price x 0.5).
============================================

Expectations in Oracle.

Currently our application is 11.5.10.2 and we are running on FIFO.
Finance need a solution to handle the dimentional inventory issue. Finance need to trace

1) Correct stock value
2) Able to identify the correct qty for every type of sheet metal

Hope you can advice how to handle.

Thanks,
Jasmine.
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

Hi,

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jasmine
edmattu

Post by edmattu »

Hi
jasmine

As you have Sheet metal or materials having 3 dimension UOM, Can you please try to define Volume UOM as a primary UOM for those materials?

i.e. Say 5MM (Thk) X 2 Mtr (L) X 5 Mtr (W) is the sizeof your materials then use cubic meter as the Primary UOM.Now the total volume of the sheet will be 0.005 X 2 X 5 Cubic meter.Whenever your production required , cut it as per their requirement and that part also have a Volume so you can deduct the used materials.Your on hand will show the balance materials, which you can again issue to production in Volume UOM.

If you are purchasing it in Kilograms or pounds then define UOM conversion of Inter class (Volume to Weight). In PO you select the Purchasing UOM as Pound or Kilogram etc.

So you will be able to purchase it in Kg or Pound and issue it in Cubic meter to production.

Regards
mpower_ebs

Post by mpower_ebs »

Hi,

Is your Issue of Dimensional Inventory resolved ? If No please get in touch .....or Post here.....