R12: Unable to find Employee in Supplier Type LOV

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Shashi_k

R12: Unable to find Employee in Supplier Type LOV

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

In R12 when I am trying to create a Supplier with Type 'EMPLOYEE' I am not able to find type employee is the LOV. when I checked in the Vendor_Type lookup Employee value is available and I have entered some junk values like 'Employee 1' I am able to see it in the supplier type LOV. Can you please let me know what is the reason why I am not able to see the value 'Employee' in the supplier LOV type.

Regards,
Shashi.
edmattu

Post by edmattu »

Hi,

do the following

How to Enable Creation of Employee Type Suppliers
1. Sign on to Application
2. Select Responsibility: System Administration
3. Navigation: Application / Menu
4. Query Menu: POS_HT_SP_FULL_ACCESS_MENU
5. Verify the Function: POS_HT_SP_EMP_SUPPLIER, Display Name: Create/Update employee
Supplier Details, has the "Grant" Flag Checked. Please Check the checkbox for Grant if it is not already
checked, and save the change. The System will now recompile the menus through a concurrent request.
Please record the concurrent request id and wait for request to complete.

6. Bounce the Apache middle tier server so that the Function Security related caches will be clear and the
above changes can take effect.
7. Retest the issue and confirm that employee type suppliers can be crate

Regards
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick response . I have done exactly same as per your reply. But still problem persists. I am still not getting the 'EMPLOYEE' in the list of values. I have check in 'About this Page to diagnose the issue. can you suggest anything else.

Below is the query which i believe restricting the vale 'Employee' to appear in the list of values

SELECT * FROM (select lookup_code, meaning, description, view_application_id from fnd_lookup_values_vl where FND_LOOKUP_VALUES_vl.LOOKUP_TYPE = :1 and enabled_flag = 'Y') QRSLT WHERE (lookup_code <> 'EMPLOYEE') ORDER BY meaning, description

Regards,
Shashi.
edmattu

Post by edmattu »

Hi,

When you try to create supplier you should get the LOV with 2 option

1.Standard Supplier
2.Supplier used to process expense payment to internal employees.

Are you not getting the second option?

Lookup type should be "VENDOR TYPE", APPLICATION --PURCHASING
LOOKUP CODE = 'EMPLOYEE'

I am not sure why you are not getting.

(Can you please check the payable option >Expense report > automatically create employee as supplier >YES, though it is used for expense report
)

If you got it then please update with resolution.

Regards
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

Thank you so much for your timely help now . Now it is working.

Regards,
Shashi.