user management

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
rajanish

user management

Post by rajanish »

I need the details on the following lines

1 ) I actually Require to know about the links between
Users, responsibilities,Menus,functions , Request Groups, Report Groups

2) How can the set of responsibilites be clubbed together and can be allocated to a Role, so that group of user havign the same responsibilites can be just assigned the Role instead of entering the individual responsibilites everytime for the users

3) Is there a way to preserve the responsibilites of the users in the test instance, so that if the test instance is cloned from the production instance,we just have to get back the old responsilities of the users as it was existent in the test instance prior to the clone.

Thanks and appreciate your help.
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi rajanish,

I'll try to answer your question :

1. What do you mean by Reports Groups?
A user is someone to work with Oracle Apps. To work with Oracle Apps he/she needs to have at least one responsibility. Inside his/her responsibility consists of menu links where in each menu links contained functions that do what you want to do.

Request groups is a grouping of reports/application that you permit the user with a responsibility to access.

Suppose there are 2 user : A and B.
A has responsibility C
B has responsibility D

Inside responsibility C, we put request group E
Inside responsibility D, we put request group F

Inside request group E we put reports G, H and I
Inside request group F we put reports J, K and L

Now if we divide like above, user A can only open reports G, H, and I where user B can only open reports J, K and L.

What if we want user A to access reports J too? We put J in request group E so that it will contain report G, H, I and J. However, if you put it like that, all user that have request group E can also access report J.

2. You can grouping set of responsibilities when you create a user in System Administrator responsibility then use Security > User > Define

3. I'm not quite understand with your 3rd question. If you cloned from a source system to a target system you will get all the users and responsibilities too.

Hope I'm clear enough.
rajanish

Post by rajanish »

[:I],This is from my manager to me,which i am passing it to u,
Thanks buddy.
Long live yudi_lukman!!!
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi rajanish,

You're welcome.