Document Verification

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
roy

Document Verification

Post by roy »

Dear Admin,

On page 61 when setting up Intercompany Journal Source and Category you have asked that the source and category must be Other but your screen shot shows XX_Journal Source and XX_Journal Category. Which entry is correct?

Roy
roy

Post by roy »

Dear Admin,

In chapter 12 - Step 1.3 once you have entered the fields and move to step Assign the Screen at 1.4 will not allow or self populate the top block Value set IF YOU DONT SAVE YOUR WORK of step 1.3. Please check. Not documented.

Roy
roy

Post by roy »

Dear Admin,

One more possible document correction. On page 65 in the Cross Validation Rules Screen Shot you have entered include Account as 01.001.0001, [ 0001 account is not a defined account ]

Roy
admin

Post by admin »

All the points updated in the document and will be uploaded soon. thanks
roy

Post by roy »

Dear Admin,

Adding one more to the list for updation. On page 69, chapter 13 # 1 reads as Journal Entry for recording sales. What we are doing is recording purchase. Ideal heading - Journal Entry for recording Purchase.

regards

Roy
roy

Post by roy »

Dear Admin,

Adding one more point to add clearity to document.

Chapter 13 - Section 1.10
Place your cursor in the field [Journal] and press the down arrow key to enter the second journal.

Moreover The Category in a Journal plays key role.

Roy
sikandar

Post by sikandar »

I will update and upload the document as soon as I will complete Cash and Assets Management modules. Pl keep posting your points. thanks
roy

Post by roy »

Dear Admin,

Adding a query this time. As per your e-mail reply pertaining to the issue of sequence e-mail dated 28th Dec. You mentioned to create a new sequence for each category.

1> In chap 13 we have 2 category of Journals to enter - Purchase and Sales.

Going back to chap 10 I created two seq XX_Pur_SEQ and XX_Sales_SEQ and two categories - XX_Purchase Category and XX_Sales category.

The next step as in page 54 section 10.3 Document Categories the steps are to assign code.

I am unable to assign code 246 for my new categories. The error message I get is " This code is a duplicate for this application "
"Category code must be unique within an application"

1> What code can be used to continue.
I see their is some important info missing / required at this stage.

2> Will the table name be the same.
3> What is the secret of code 246 or is it a random number picked by you.

I am stuck. Look forward for your assistance in this matter.

Thank you.

Roy
admin

Post by admin »

The latest version 3.5 is now available for download with Cash Management module. I have updated all the points of Mr. Roy. Feedback is always welcome.

thanks
admin

Post by admin »

Dear Member,
In Financials document version 3.5 there is a correction reported by one of member is on page 226 section 1.3 it is Select Not Used instead of Not User. Thanks