Q related to Consolidation Mapping

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
cbalakri

Q related to Consolidation Mapping

Post by cbalakri »

Hi All,
Im trying to understand how consolidation works. Tried googling and userguides could not get it completely. When we actually define consolidation mapping how do we place the values for segments.
Here is an example,
My parent company segmnet value is 01. I have subsidiaries 02,03,04. So when I try to consolidate what option will I choose to bring the company segment values from subsidiaries. ie Should I assign single value for 01 or do I copy the value from the subsidiary.
To be precise,
When I bring in the consolidation journal from other subsidiaries wht will be company segment value, same as parent one, or the susidiary one only.
Thanks in advance,
Bala
fahadqazi

Post by fahadqazi »

Hi Bala ,

If parent company and subsidaries have the same value set and has same chart of accounts , than you will choose action 01 copy value from from 02 ,03 ,04

Regards,

Fahad

[quote]Hi All,
Im trying to understand how consolidation works. Tried googling and userguides could not get it completely. When we actually define consolidation mapping how do we place the values for segments.
Here is an example,
My parent company segmnet value is 01. I have subsidiaries 02,03,04. So when I try to consolidate what option will I choose to bring the company segment values from subsidiaries. ie Should I assign single value for 01 or do I copy the value from the subsidiary.
To be precise,
When I bring in the consolidation journal from other subsidiaries wht will be company segment value, same as parent one, or the susidiary one only.
Thanks in advance,
Bala

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by cbalakri