WorkFlow Question

All the discussion which is not possible in the above forums should be posted here.
abbas9001

WorkFlow Question

Post by abbas9001 »

Hi All,

I have a question pertaining to workflow.
I want to use a standalone workflow.
Can anyone explain me do I have to install workflow client and server in order to start using wrokflow.
How do I establish a connection between database and workflow builder.

Thanx
Abbas
rehmans

Post by rehmans »

Hi,

I am also a beginner in Workflow but I can tell you that you can create a standalone workflow for your testing purposes.
You will have to install Oracle Workflow Client. You can download it free from Oracle's website or it is also available on Oracle EBS Family Pack Installation CDs.

Secondly, you need to have atleast one Oracle Home to make a connection to workflow i.e., either install Oracle 9i/10g database or Install Oracle 10g Developer Suite. After that make a connection of workflow client to the database in the same fashion as you connect your developer to the database.

When you are done with it. Open Oracle Workflow and Quick Start with it. Read Workflow user guide on how to create a workflow. If you are not comfortable with the user guide then I will tell you the steps.

Apart from that I tried creating a workflow on R12. I experienced some issues with it whereas in 11i it is rather simpler and there are no issues.

After I saved a workflow to the Database in R12, though it appears thru the responsibility named Workflow Web Administrator but it is not runnable. Can anyone explain to me Why?

Regards

ZIA UR REHMAN