purge payable expense reports

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Shashi_k

purge payable expense reports

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

Can any one tell me which program is used to purge payable or oracle internet expense reports in R12.

Regards,
Shashi.
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Shashi.

Shashi.
There are separate seeded responsibilities for purging the records from General Ledger, Purchasing , Receivables and Payables .

I think , You are not asking about the Payables Open Interface Purge Program?

You can customize these responsibilities for your Org . Oracle payable purge responsibility has a menu item name like ?Purge? and when you click on purge and it will bring 'Submit Purge ' window , You can enter your Criteria and initiate the program. You can purge invoices. Purging Invoices is a very serious activity, Are you purging the Invoices because of the Database size and performance issues. Are you archiving these invoices ?

I think , You work in India , Do you have any legal requirement keep invoices records for certain periods ?, My advice is to make a good analysis for finding out the pros and cons of purging Invoices and look for a good archives.
Oracle has improved a lot for the database performance and the storage become very cheap now, if you compare to 5 years back.
Please remember once you initiated the purge program and you can abort this program only before the purge program begins deleting the invoices and If the Purge has one of the following statuses, you cannot abort until the phase is completed: Initiating, Revalidating, Summarizing.
Please refer to Chapter 8 Resource Management of Oracle Payables User guide for Release 12 .
Thanks
Joy Thomas
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. All I want is to Purge the expense reports which are sucessfully imported into payables . Can you let me know whcih purge sub menu I need to add to my Payables Menu.

Regards,
Shashi.