Looping in mass allocation?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
ratnalusantosh

Looping in mass allocation?

Post by ratnalusantosh »

Can any one tell me

What is work of Looping in mass allocation
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

When you create Mass allocation formula , you may need to enter account segment values for the A,B, C formula line and Target and off set line .

When you enter the accounting segments and need to enter the ?TYPE ? Value . These segment type values are L, S, C.

L ? Looping . Assign this value to a parent segment value so when the allocation program creates allocation for each child values of the Parent value .The allocation program runs each formula once for each corresponding child segment value. The allocation program creates allocation for each child values of the Parent value
You need to use parent value here .

Other Segement type is ?S? when you enter this value to the segment , the allocation program will sum up all the account balances of the child values of the parent segment and use summed up amount in the formula .

Other segment type is ?C? Constant . usually this value is assigned to child values .

When the allocation program allocate the amount this value will be constant .
You can also assign the value ?C? to a parent segment value if there is a summary account associated with the parent.
Thanks
Joy Thomas
ratnalusantosh

Post by ratnalusantosh »

Dear,
Joy Thomas

Thanking for giving answer if you have any materials in R12 please send me and India Localization to this id

Thanking you
Santosh
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Santosh

I do not know about India Localizations.
Do you have access to Oracle User Guides , if not I cam email you the Oracle GL user guides . let me know

Thanks

Joy Thomas