Salary payment of employee in AP?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Prathmesh

Salary payment of employee in AP?

Post by Prathmesh »

Hi All,
I want to handle salary of employee in AP.because my client is not having Payroll module. So, how can i handle this in AP.
Its urgent.

Thanks in advance.
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Prathmesh

I think you can use AP module to only enter the check of payroll & you can use also G.L to record the payroll as a manual journal.

If you like to using A.P define a supplier as payroll supplier then in the distribution put the accounts for the payroll & all deduction then pay this check in the bank.

Hope I can help you
Hisham
Willynelly1

Post by Willynelly1 »

Hi Prathmesh,

We don't have Payroll module but still we are handling 400 employees through GL module.

COA - SEGMENT1=CO.
SEGMENT2=COST CENTRE
SEGMENT3=LOCATION
SEGMENT4=ACCOUNT
SEGMENT5=EMPLOYEE
SEGMENT6=FUTURE USE
SEGMENT7=FUTURE USE

Regards,

William.
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI William,

You can contribute in Chart of Account development topic as well, provide some description of nature of business and COA segments details.

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5099

As it will be helpful for ERPstuff members for COA development.

thanks,
ejbsridhar

Post by ejbsridhar »

IN AP

We con't Track Salary issues in AP Module Supplier is different than the employees. How we can use AP for Salary Payments it is not the functionality of AP to track Employee salary otherwise you can use GL
??

BYE
SRIDHAR
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Hi Willynelly1 & ejb Sridhar...
I am also having same issue my company is also not having Payroll module. in this discussion you said we can track salaries through GL

Can you briefly explain if we use one more segment for employees.. how can we make payment of salaries
umamahesh_jv

Post by umamahesh_jv »

Hi oracleapps 1983,

for your issue, u have to have one segment called employee and the values would be your employes id's.

while entering invoices give the employee id as an value in account flexifield for this if you use security rules that would be easy to enter as if you take salary a/c then it asks for the employee id otherwise one default value will be taken for others.

u can track this in GL using account inquiry window there give employee id as parameter.

hope this clears your doubt.

Mahesh
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi oracleapps

The solution of Mahesh is very right & you can use other solution by define a value set which contains the employees ID then define a DFF in the invoices screen & when you enter the salary batch assign to each salary line the emp. ID.

You can track this solution by using a customized report to get your need.
This is other solution but I think Mahesh solution is better.

Hisham