Parent Childs in in segment values and rollups?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Parent Childs in in segment values and rollups?

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

at the time of defining segment values we will define parent child relation ship to the values. at the time of defining rollup group also we are defing child and parent relation why. what is the difference

thanks
mohanreddy

Post by mohanreddy »

Hi Harik Kumar,

When u define the parent child relation ship to the values i think u dont assign Rollup Group particulat parent A/C . After assign the Rollup Group we will assign Child Values. As per my Knowledge that is the difference.

Regards,

Mohan Reddy.
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Please check this...

We defined values for Value set. Later Created Parent and Child Relation. Now we add Rollup Group and Complied the Flexfield Structure.

I think this is the Process.

Imp: While defining Flexfield if you eanable Freeze Rollup Groups before assigning Rollup to values in the valuse set, you can not define rollup group for the Flexfield structure.

If there is any mistake please correct it
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

[quote]Please check this...

We defined values for Value set. Later Created Parent and Child Relation. Now we add Rollup Group and Complied the Flexfield Structure.

I think this is the Process.

Imp: While defining Flexfield if you eanable Freeze Rollup Groups before assigning Rollup to values in the valuse set, you can not define rollup group for the Flexfield structure.

If there is any mistake please correct it

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by oracleapps1983