How to restrict Quick Sales Orders if zero qty

Here post Oracle Order Management related topics.
Willynelly1

How to restrict Quick Sales Orders if zero qty

Post by Willynelly1 »

Hi OM Gurus,

Need Urgent help, how to stop quick sales orders line level if Item is having zero quantity? Present setup allowing to make invoices and booking eventhough there is no stock in specific item. Can any body explain in brief or in detail how to setup the above issue?

Your quick response is highly appriciated.

William.
Kuwait.
Willynelly1

Post by Willynelly1 »

Hi,

still waiting for reply, unable to give solutions? let me give some clue;

this issue can be tackeled through two ways.

1. forms personalizaiton

CONDITION:
:LINE.ORDERED_QUANTITY > (SELECT TOTAL_QOH FROM MTL_ONHAND_ITEMS_V WHERE INVENTORY_ITEM_ID=:LINE.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID AND ORGANIZATION_ID=:.............

I need help here to complete this process. How to link mtl_onhand_items_v with org_id, lets say we have 6 operating units and controlled by subinventory, when we enter line item in quick sales orders, it should check quantity is available or not, if not, should give action msg, and should not allow further. I am very near to solve this issue, request Order Management gurus to help further.

2. There is no standard way of stopping booking of sales order if there is no enough quantity, although there are profiles to automatically make reservation or scheduling . You can setup a processing constraint which will stop booking of sales order if there is not enough stock or on hand quantity.For this you will need to write custom PL/SQL code in 'Validation Template' and assign it to custom processing constraint. (Can anybody help me to do this?)

Hope you will help me.

Regards,

William.
Willynelly1

Post by Willynelly1 »

Hi,

All Order Management gurus went on vacation??

William.