Oracle financials Certification - Please advice

This forum is for all kind of certifications & trainings related discussion.
thumsup9

Oracle financials Certification - Please advice

Post by thumsup9 »

Hi everyone !

I am planning to take up the Oracle Financials Certifictaion. There are basically 2 paths, one for Oracle financials consultant , Payables and the other for Receivables. For both the paths, we need to take 2 preliminary exams -

1. Oracle E -Business Fundamentals, 1Z0-200
2. Oracle General Ledger 11i Fundamentals, 1Z0-211

I am planning to take up the first one , 1Z0-200. If anyone has already taken up this exam, can you please guide me on the same about the reading materials, practise tests, any particular books, etc.

Any information on these exams is welcome. Please advice.

Thanks,
thumsup9 !
derelman

Post by derelman »

I would also like to get some idea as to what to expect for these 11i Certification exams as I plan to write them in the coming weeks.

If anyone has any idea please help.
thumsup9

Post by thumsup9 »

Hi there,
this is karthikeyan from chennai. Have cleared my 1Z0-200 exam in the month of December 06, write to me at karthikeyanp1981@gmail.com ! i remember few questions which i will send it to you guys !

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981 - 22/01/2007 : 07:39:42 AM</div id="right"></i>
Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for the reply. As suggested by other members of the forum, it would be great if you can post the Qs on the forum. That will be of great help to a lot of us who are trying to write the certification exams.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Thanks Karthikeyan.

All,
I wonder if someone has any PDF or some sort of other documentation to prepare exam Oracle E -Business Fundamentals, 1Z0-200. If yes could someone please share
[8D]
yemfola

Post by yemfola »

Thanks for doing.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Folks, for OCP you can use oracle tutor documents

Tutor documents are available on Metalink as 'patches'. To download patches, click on 'Patches and Updates' tab. Click on Simple Search link, Select 'Product or Family' and type in "pro". For Patch Type, select "Any" and for platform select "Microsoft Windows (32-bit) Client)".
There are about 125 patches available for download. Of these, browse the one that starts with "Tutor: Patch COURSEWARE" and select the one related to your OCP test. For example, if one is preparing for the workflow exam, the patch to download is 5234642 - 11I/2.6 IMPLEMENT ORACLE WORKFLOW.
One would need a password to download the patches. Passwords are provided by Oracle Support once a Support Request is created for the same. The password provided by Oracle Support is valid for 7 days. On downloading the 'patch' one would find that it is essentially a .zip file consisting of the following: [a] A MS Excel spreadsheet listing the lesson contents Word documents [c] Power Point Presentations. On unzipping the .zip file one would find curriculum and labs for practice.

Good Luck with your preparation
senthilrjj

Post by senthilrjj »

Hi Dinesh,

It would be highly beneficial to all of us if you upload the Tutor documents that you have.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Hi Senthil,
There are around 150 documents on metalink. I don't know which one is relevant to you. Furthermore I have downloaded 11i GENERAL LEDGER MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTALS ED. 3.1 which is of size 25MB. So uploading it would be another headache

I would recommend to download it from metalink. If you still want me to upload then I have to see what can I do ?

Cheers
Dinesh
yemfola

Post by yemfola »

Hi Dinesh,

Pls upload it. Just try to create the time to do this. Is it posible to send the link as well? Although, I do not have CIS number at the moment but still send the link.

Regards
yemfola
admin

Post by admin »

The following documents are available while password protected and you need to create a SR (Service Request) in metalink to get passwords for documents and each patch has separate password and expires after 7 days. As these are confidentail documents so uploading/distributing of these documents is illegal. Thanks
kumar_apps

Post by kumar_apps »

Hi everyone & admin

Thanku all for the sharing of such valuable information regarding courseware.

Regards
kumar
sarangadhar

Post by sarangadhar »

Hi,
I do not ahve registration in meta link. Is there any otherway to get these documents? Or can somebody send me thru email?
vijayasarathyr

Post by vijayasarathyr »

I suggest all you guys to wait for sometime. If somebody has just started the basics or yet to start preparing for OCP, as my friend rightly suggested me, I would say please wait till Oracle comes up OCP for 12i. In any case, after the you may require to upgrade yourself to 12i from 11i. Think over it. If there is no consequences on the lauch of 12i, then you all can proceed.
sarangadhar

Post by sarangadhar »

Dear Admin,
I'll get metalink ID for me. Can you tell me process creating an SR. Looks like there are lot to fill in the form, most of them i am not aware. Can you help?
sarangadhar

Post by sarangadhar »

For example i would like to download tutors for Oracle E -Business Fundamentals, 1Z0-200. how to request the tutors related to these information