payable mass additions transfer to fixed assets

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

payable mass additions transfer to fixed assets

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

while transfering payables mass additions transfer to oracle fixed assets before we have to transfer the payables to gl. if the invoice is partially paid we cant transter to payables to gl.in this case we cant run the mass additions to assets.in this case what will happen.and another question is when we run the mass additions it means only at the time of period end process or before also.if we purchase an asset at the beginning of the month.but we run the mass additions at the period end.
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

There has been a wrong understanding on many professionals that programs which involves transfer of data between modules, must be done at the end of the period. It is no where written nor suggested by oracle as a standard methodology.
Programs like:
Invoice validation
Payable Acccounting process
Transfer to GL
in many organisations are scheduled to be run at the midnight on a daily basis, that is after office hours. So that data entered during day time is processed and kept
ready when employees come to work on the next day.
While closing the period, one need to perform the reconciliation, by running standard reports, if data matches, thats it change the period status to closed.

In your case Mass addition is one such program where you can run it at frequent intervals, that is by forming a request set, where transfer to GL and Mass addition can be coupled together and ran or scheduled on a daily basis.

The query regarding transfer of partly paid invoices to Assets.
Mass addition program is interested only on Invoice information, even if you did not pay the invoice still the mass addition will transfer the asset to Assets module.
There is nothing wrong in having partly paid invoices, under any normal business, one can expect the invoices to be settled by suppliers before a period end, there will be transactions which will be in continual in nature..

Please test your requirements in the system and update us with the results........
Every one has a perception on how system works, and how it should work..... its always best to find it by performing the same in the system.
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

thanks to you. u r right. i followed ur suggestions and created the asset in mass additions successfully. once again thanks to u .
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

hi karthikeyanp1981,

that was a real nice explanation on mass addition.

i am new in erp, so might be asking a dumb question but here it is

we have some invoices which are for Transportation of Capital Good, now we want to transfer this expences to FA, how can i do it. Also what effect it will make??

Also some further notes and explanation on the concept of FA would be of great help.

regards
eshwar123e

Post by eshwar123e »

[:)][;)][:X][8D][:D]Hai,

If you want to transfer expenses to FA select manually the tracked

as an asset option in the invoice distribution window manually. Once the

Asset or Expense related information is imported from

FA_MASS_INTERFACE Table Merge the all the lines in the Fixed Assets.
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

thanks buddy for the reply,

i tried selecting the asset tracking option manually but it says feild is protected against update.

the payment is been made and the entries are been posted to GL. is this the reason??

is there some other alternative??

thanks in advance
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

dear all

please reply to my above query.
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

yes, as u have transferred the entries to GL then u can't modify those invoices...

thanks,
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

so now how can i add this invoices in FA??

coz this invoice are for transportation charges for assets, so we need to add this cost to asset value.

kindly suggest me some other alternative to add this invoices in FA
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

track as asset check box is optional to select... what is mandatory u have to define CIP / Asset clearing account at invoice distribution level. Then u can transfer to GL and run mass addition create process to interface w FA.

Let me know if u have defined clearing account in those invoices ?

thanks,
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

thanks Aman for your reply,

but unfortunetly there is not asset clearing account selected for this invoices. For this invoice Transport Charges account is been selected. all the charges, charged for transport of capital goods are been charged in this account.

now any other way to get this invoices in FA??
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

there is no other way to transfer these invoices to FA, now u can only cancel the invoices and enter new invoices with CIP/ clearing account in distribution.

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5998

thanks,
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

sorry to bother you, but this issue is really important.

we cant cancel this invoices since the payment is also been made to this invoices and also GL export and posting is been done.

we will follow your guidelines for new invoice bookings, but any workaround for those old invoices??
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

If u cancel those invoices then payment also canceled and u can enter new invoices and make payments. Further It will not effect your transfer to GL as simply reversal entries will be generated and charge account will be null and same will be transfer to GL with new invoice entries so ur TB will not out. Any workaround is not possible in this scenario.

If u r not satisfied with this solution then u can open SR and find help from oracle.... and pls update the status here as well.

can anybody else know any workaround for the issue ?

thanks,
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

i am really gratefull for your time, i will surely raise the SR.

just want to try somethings for the last time.

should i change the GL account from expence to asset for the Transport Account for Capital Goods?? Will it make any difference??