OLM - Memory issues when importing content

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
shounese

OLM - Memory issues when importing content

Post by shounese »

Hi Guys,

Has anyone out there experienced memory issues as a result of importing SCORM content onto an Oracle content server? More than often, these files are quite big (100 MB+) and you could have at least 20 on the server at any given time. We're trying to implemenet and now that I've finally gotten the content into the corect format, I'm getting the following error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, msg=Java heap space

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, how do you manage many users connecting to Oracle simultaneoulsy. We start having problems when we get to 500 users (32bit server, running on Linux), then server crashes.
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

[quote]Hi Guys,

Has anyone out there experienced memory issues as a result of importing SCORM content onto an Oracle content server? More than often, these files are quite big (100 MB+) and you could have at least 20 on the server at any given time. We're trying to implemenet and now that I've finally gotten the content into the corect format, I'm getting the following error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, msg=Java heap space

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, how do you manage many users connecting to Oracle simultaneoulsy. We start having problems when we get to 500 users (32bit server, running on Linux), then server crashes.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by shounese
masaf

Post by masaf »

What tool are you using to create SCORM content? We use Adobe Presenter and have the output as zipped file for uploading.