Any help in financials pls post your questions

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
sridhar_6735

Any help in financials pls post your questions

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Hi

i am financial trainer in apps in india. If you have any questions with respect to apps financials pls post it in this forum. I am happy to assist in all possible ways.

Sridhar
sikandar

Post by sikandar »

Thanks for your cooperation.
upendraa

Post by upendraa »

Mr. Sridhar, can you please upload more information on conversions.
Thanks
Upendra
manojmarada

Post by manojmarada »

hai sridhar,,
thanks for ur assistance ,,, can u suggest a manufaturing guy ,,so that mfg functional guys can get 100% help ,,,
with regards,,
manoj marada
raptors

Post by raptors »

dear members,
Could any body suggest me the best books for Oracle Financials if any.....
remideeps

Post by remideeps »

Hi Sridhar,
Could u pls let me know some of the financial related questions we need to ask the client during AS IS stage.This is my first project.So even a small piece of information would also be a great help.
Thanks in advance
Remi
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

Hi Sridhar,

Please help me in this scenario.

1. Certain Type of Journal entries are uploaded through ADI which need to be identified by the nature and tracked by the Fiscal Year they pertain to.

I have considered creating Journal Category (One Per Year) and assigning the automatic document sequence with creation method automatic to combination of (Set of Book-Application-Category).Different one for each year. However creating a new category every year does not seem to feasible option.

PLEASE SUGGEST AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION TO HAVE AN AUDIT TRAIL AND TRACK OF THESE ENTRIES BY YEAR USING ORACLE FINANCIALS.

Thanks

Nitin
mody_business

Post by mody_business »

hi,

after i've compiled my chart of accounts the application sent 2 requests
and i found one of them completed with error
the log file contains 2 errors:
ora-02338 missing or invalid column constraint

ora-0902: invalid datatype

thanks in advance
swting

Post by swting »

Hi Sridhar,

We have entered a foreign currency receivables adjustment - "Unearned Discount" in the Receivable ->Receipt->Applications ->Adjustment module.

The invoice Date is on 21 May 2007 : (Exchange type & rate : User at USD 3.42)
The Deposit Date, GL Date and Applied Date is on 30 Jun 2007 : (Exchange type & rate : User at 3.39).

When we entered the "Unearned Discount" as receivable adjustment, we are not allow to choose the exchange rate. System is taking the adjustment functional amount based on Invoice rate that is at 3.42.

This is not what we expected. We would like the adjustment functional amount to be based on Receipt Date rate that is 3.39.
Is there any setup in the system for the adjustment to take from Receipt Date rate ?

Hope you can help. [:)]

Thanks

[quote]Hi

i am financial trainer in apps in india. If you have any questions with respect to apps financials pls post it in this forum. I am happy to assist in all possible ways.

Sridhar

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by sridhar_6735
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Hi Sridhar,

We have entered a foreign currency receivables adjustment - "Unearned Discount" in the Receivable ->Receipt->Applications ->Adjustment module.

The invoice Date is on 21 May 2007 : (Exchange type & rate : User at USD 3.42)
The Deposit Date, GL Date and Applied Date is on 30 Jun 2007 : (Exchange type & rate : User at 3.39).

When we entered the "Unearned Discount" as receivable adjustment, we are not allow to choose the exchange rate. System is taking the adjustment functional amount based on Invoice rate that is at 3.42.

This is not what we expected. We would like the adjustment functional amount to be based on Receipt Date rate that is 3.39.
Is there any setup in the system for the adjustment to take from Receipt Date rate ?

Hope you can help. [:)]

Thanks

Hi

Sridhar

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by sridhar_6735 - Apr 24 2006 : 10:05:48 PM</div id="right"></i>
<i><div align="right">Originally posted by swting - Jul 08 2007 : 8:28:47 PM</div id="right"></i>
Hi

the system by default will take invoice date only and that is the one as a consultant you should advise. In your case i suggest you to pass a JV for loss/gain on exchange rate.

These are transactions which happens once in a while its not advisable to change default setups for exceptional transactions.

Regards

R.Sridhar
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

hi,

after i've compiled my chart of accounts the application sent 2 requests
and i found one of them completed with error
the log file contains 2 errors:
ora-02338 missing or invalid column constraint

ora-0902: invalid datatype

thanks in advance

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by mody_business - Jul 05 2007 : 01:20:11 AM</div id="right"></i>
Hi can you paste the full log file with error msg as this error may be due to lot of factors and please also send the chart u have created (just the combinations)

Regards

R.Sridhar
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Hi Sridhar,
Could u pls let me know some of the financial related questions we need to ask the client during AS IS stage.This is my first project.So even a small piece of information would also be a great help.
Thanks in advance
Remi

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by remideeps - Apr 17 2007 : 2:57:23 PM</div id="right"></i>
Hi

i will be posting RD20 questionares on all module today and you can download that.

regards

Sridhar.R
remideeps

Post by remideeps »

Hi Sridhar

We have a requirement to create Credit card as the payment method in payables.As I could find out that there are only few payment methods which are seeded and it doesnot have credit card as the payment method.So can u suggest me how I can create credit card as the payment method in payables.

Thanks
Remi
ramaraomovva

Post by ramaraomovva »

Hi Sridhar,
Can u pls help me regarding the credit and debit memo's in AP and AR.....
I have to make interfaces regarding credit memo in AP and debit memo in AR if u could help me out in coding and understand what these are pls help me

Thanks,
Ramarao
Habib.gohar

Post by Habib.gohar »

Hi Sridhar

Can you guide about sample questions of IZ0-200 (Essentials for Implementers). I shall be really thankful to you.

Best Regards
Habib
habib.gohar@gmail.com