Cash Management Manual Reconciliation Issue

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
venkat

Cash Management Manual Reconciliation Issue

Post by venkat »

Hi Friends,

I am facing a problem in the Cash Management Manual Clearing Screen.

The Navigation is

Bank Statements --> Manual Clearing --> Clear Transactions
Entered the Account Number in the find screen and clicked on Find

In the Clear Transactions Screen we can find the Clearing Date and GL Date. If we enter Clearing Date is Greater than the GL Date system is taking. Is there any way to restrict Clearing Date is not Greater than the GL Date.

Dear Friends if somebody got the same problem please share me your issue resolution.

To see the clearer on this issue, please see the Attachment for Screen Shots.

Regards,
VENKAT

[img]/images/icon_zip.gif[/img] <b>Attachment:</b> CM.zip <i>( 43156bytes )</i>
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Metalink Note 211733.1 - Frequently Asked Questions In Reconciliation

Can the cleared date be greater than the GL Date?

A: This is intended functionality. Transaction date on the Bank statement line should be equal to or greater than the GL Date. The Value Date can be earlier or later than the GL Date.
venkat

Post by venkat »

Dear Karthikeyan,

Thank you for your replay?..

As you said Transaction date is equal to or greater than the GL Date. This is right, but user is asking me to restrict Transaction date is not greater than the GL Date.

To resolve this issue, is there any workaround?

Please guide me ??????..

Regards,
VENKAT
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Hi Venkat,

What you are asking is a change in the INTENDED functionality, for which answer from ORACLE is always NO.
In order to have a workaround, one must think of a genuine business demand first, why it is required for the customer, by not having this functionality what problem customer faces ?
If it is required by every client or customer, then oracle would have suggested a workaround in place well in advance, however it did not happen so. There must be a pure logic behind the design of it. If i come to know it, will communicate the same.

Regards
Karthikeyan
(Karthikeyanp1981[@]gmail.com)