Accounting of canceled invoice

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
M.ishfaq

Accounting of canceled invoice

Post by M.ishfaq »

Dear All,
I got an invoice canceled in payable, but its accounting is not created and the system shows the status "partial" accounting and there is no option highlighted in action window of that invoice.
Kindly help me to get this invoice accounted as its a great hazard to close my accounting period.

Best regards

Muhammad Ishfaq
Pakistan
Erikson

Post by Erikson »

Run Payables Accounting Process and check.
anjan.614

Post by anjan.614 »

Hello,

There are two ways create accounting: 1. Online Accounting-- Invoice/Payments--Actions-Create accounting

In some times that create accounting button is grayout so we have to submit payable accounting proces manually-- Paybales Accounting process
Or
Submit Posting Transactions---- Accounting/Post transactions If it AX countries in AP

After doing above two if the transactions still didnot get account then plz check the log file of the payables accounting process or output file of Post transactions.. so you can get the reason why it did not get account. Ex: holds or invalid accounts.
Please let me know do you want anyfurhter details --anjan.614[@]rediffmail.com

Regards,
Anjan
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Muhammad

First run the create account program & if the invoice still partial, check for the payment for this invoice.

If this invoice has a payment, try first to cancel this payment then re-create account for the invoice & if the invoice hasn't any payment my suggest to open a SR.

Thanks
Hisham
farhatmfc

Post by farhatmfc »

Hi Muhammad I also had the same issue when i voided some payments and the accounting Status was showing -Partial ,even after running the accounting process it did not change, finally i opened SR with oracle and they resolved it is data inconsisteny issue
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Is there any solution to the issue ?

thanks,
syeda tabassum

Post by syeda tabassum »

Hi ,
I think the solution is , i am assuming the accounting entry for payment of invoice is partial, u have to go to cash mangmt then do manual clearing then come back to payables create accounting again.then hopefully status would be updated to ACCOUNTED.
mstapps

Post by mstapps »

hai guys

i received a invoice from suppliers by mistek i enter in other supplier name pls tell me how to cancel the invoice and anything get effected in the paybles pls explaine

thanks and regards
mstapps
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi mstapps

If you validate the invoice, you can cancel this invoice by search of this invoice then press action button then choose the cancel invoice.

If the invoice doesn't validated, you can delete this invoice & re-enter the invoice with right supplier.

Thanks
Hisham
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

farhatmfc

Hi Muhammad I also had the same issue when i voided some payments and the accounting Status was showing -Partial ,even after running the accounting process it did not change, finally i opened SR with oracle and they resolved it is data inconsistency issue
I also have same issue that i m unable to create accounting of canceled/void payment as its status is partial. I logged SR with oracle but still they not provided any fix/patch for data inconsistency. Which patch/fix Oracle provided ?

Thanks,
halim_mohamed

Post by halim_mohamed »

farhatmfc

Hi Muhammad I also had the same issue when i voided some payments and the accounting Status was showing -Partial ,even after running the accounting process it did not change, finally i opened SR with oracle and they resolved it is data inconsistency issue

Could you please which patch number applied in this issue?

Regards