Difference between Oracle 11i and R12

Here post Oracle Order Management related topics.
assraf

Difference between Oracle 11i and R12

Post by assraf »

Hi,

Can anyone of you give me some points on what are the major differences between Oracle 11i and R12 on the below modules

1. Order Management - sales
2. Order Management - shipping
3. Order Management - Marketing
3. receivebles

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
assraf
shankhaghosh123

Post by shankhaghosh123 »

2.Order Management - Shipping

New feature in R12
- Shipping directly from Inv without Order
- Using XML Publisher can configure custom Bill of Lading(BOL)
shankhaghosh123

Post by shankhaghosh123 »

also new feature - Deffered COGS
crangaraj

Post by crangaraj »

Hi Friends,

Here are some of the features of R12 OM than in 11i

Multiple Operating Unit Access? In 11i, a responsibility could only be tied to a single operating unit. However, in R12, responsibilities can be assigned to one or more operating units by assigning the responsibility to a security profile. This is a great enhancement for businesses where users require multi-organization access.

Credit Card Entry Enhancements ? An additional field has been added to the order entry screen to capture the security code typically located on the back of a credit card. Additionally, the credit card number is encrypted at the database level and stored within the Payments (formally iPayments) module. I?ll put out a more detailed article that talks about the drastic changes to the iPayments module.

Reoccurring Charges ? Functionality has been added to the TSO (Telecommunications Service Ordering) module which allows reoccurring billings. This is perfect for subscriptions and other like services.

Partial Period Revenue Recognition? A joint OM and AR enhancement, partial period revenue recognition is a set of new revenue recognition rules in AR which allow for revenue recognition on a daily basis. Previously in 11i revenue recognition could only be done on a monthly basis.

Pay Now or Pay Later ? Upfront billing in Order Management can now be done and can be configured based on pricing charges, taxes, deposits, installment billing, and prepayments.

Mass Scheduling Changes ? The scheduling concurrent request can now pick up lines that have errored in the scheduling workflow activity. It also can now pick up lines that are in Entered status ? both converted and manually entered orders.

Customer Acceptance Process ? Oracle R12 now provides the ability to introduce a customer acceptance step prior to invoicing. By setting up a deferral reason in AR, invoicing can be deferred until acceptance has been captured.

Tax Updates ? Additional tax fields have been added to the order entry screens that provide more flexibility with Vertex.

Architectural Changes to Inventory ( Inventory Convergence ) ? in 11i, Discrete and Process Inventory modules were entirely separate entities. Oracle has converged these modules into one data structure, where functionalities from both modules have combined to be available to both. This doesn?t mean much from an OM perspective, but technical changes have been performed to the Pick Release and Ship Confirmation processes to work with the new combined inventory model.

Architectural Changes to OM, Install Base, and Service Contracts Integration? My understanding is that there is no functionality changes, but from a technical standpoint Oracle has implemented a best practice approach to OM to Install Base and OM to Service Contracts touchpoints to ensure API calls are used rather than direct queries.
crangaraj

Post by crangaraj »

The following are changes made in release 12

1) Blanket Sales Agreements terminology which was used in 11i is now renamed to Sales Agreements. There is no functional
impact for this.

2)OM module honors credit checking holds placed on customers from AR module across operating Units. When Receivables places a customer on credit hold a hold source will be created in all operating units in which a site defined for that customer and an order placed against that customer.

3)At present ,assemble to order (ATO) items require a Bill of Material in either the shipping or the Item Master validation organization to perform scheduling actions on them in OM . This functionality has been enhanced to provide the option of not requiring a BOM to schedule an
ATO item when ATP is based on collected data (ODS mode). A BOM is not required for these items if ATP is based on planning output (PDS mode).

4)Recurring charges feature accurately display totals, taxes and discounts of recurring and one-time prices when telecommunications services are ordered.

5)The Contact Center form has been modified to host new OM tab pages to create and edit orders. The Contact Center is also enhanced to support a streamlined flow to order changes to telecommunications services using the new OM tab pages and an enhanced Installed Base tab page.