Fixed Assets Barcoding

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
AIMAM

Fixed Assets Barcoding

Post by AIMAM »

Hi,

We have Oracle Apps 11i in our company. I would like to inquire about what is needed to integrate a barcoding system into the Fixed Assets module?

I have found the Oracle document "Using Barcode Scanning
Solutions with Oracle
Applications and Desktop
Computers" , but it did not help me a lot.

Guidelines and details will be appreciated..
pinnashanmukh

Post by pinnashanmukh »

Hi,

For generation of barcode and scanner as to be managed through third party system.

Requirements from third party system for integration with oracle applications:

Third party system should be able to read the text file uploaded and generate the bar codes as and when required

Third party system should be able to read the bar codes when scanned and store in a text file and provide us in a report when required, same needs to be uploaded in applicaitons through webadi and maintain the physical verification functionality with in the application

If the above two criterias are satisfied by the third party system we can go and implement & integrate with oracle applications

Thanks,
Shanmukh
AIMAM

Post by AIMAM »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I wonder if I can have more information about the following please:

-What are the bar code systems that can be used with Oracle?and
-Which one is the recommended?
-What issues do we have to consider fro the side of the oracle application in general, and fixed assets module in specific?
pinnashanmukh

Post by pinnashanmukh »

Hi,

I am not sure abt the recommended thirdparty system.

But there are lot of local vendors available in the market at a cheaper cost and lower maintainence.

Only requirement from hardware perspective is that third party vendor should sell the barcode generator and the scanner together and it should be able to read the text file and generate the text file as and when required

Thanks,
Shanmukh