Assignment Screen

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
ibaloch

Assignment Screen

Post by ibaloch »

Hi All,

I am a little bit confused and would like clarification and would like to thank in advance for taking your time to reply.

Question?

To which organization employee should be attached in the Assignment screen.

1. To the cost center organization of the employee

or

2. To the lowest level of Organization where employee is working

Example:

My department is "Computing Services" which is also my Cost center.
Under "Computing Services" Department there are 3 Units

1. Systems Development Unit Not a cost Center
2. Network Services Unit Not a cost Center
3. Service Desk Unit Not a Cost Center

Each unit has its own Manager. I work under the first one "Systems Development".

Can anyone clarify this point.

If i should be attached to the "Computing Service" Department then my "Position" should be created at "Computing Services" level.

If I should be attached to "Systems Development" Unit, then my "Position" should be created at "Systems Development" Level.

Appreciate any response, clarification.

Regards
Ibaloch
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear iboloch,

Can you rephrase the question because I still can not get what you are pointing to?

Regards,
chavezkhan

Post by chavezkhan »

Dear Baloch
<font color="blue">
if (i think)you want to know about organization liking at the time of creation of position : if yes so this is not a problem , if u want to make your position according to the your wishes like Systems Development but actually u r working in Computing so Yes u can. but u will be charged in Sytem Development (since system developement has no cost center but it comes under computing so u can fix the cost code of Computing with Sys Dev ).
Need clarity so ask freely .... Good Luck !</font id="blue">
<font color="maroon">Thanx
Shawaiz Khan --Pakistan</font id="maroon">
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Baloch,

If the case is like what I understood from Chavezkhan, then it is correct. You can create your position and attach it to whatever organization as appropriate. But you need to update the cost center of the organization!

More clarification:
If you choose to make your position at systems development level, then just change the cost center of this organization to point to the same cost center of the parent organization (Computing Services).

I hope all is clear.
and Thanks for Chavezkhan contribution.

Best Regards,
Ahmad Ghanem