AR Reconciliation Report and Aging 7-Bucket report

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anjan.614

AR Reconciliation Report and Aging 7-Bucket report

Post by anjan.614 »

Hi All,

We are facing the reconciliation issue in AR. AR Reconciliation Report balance is not matching with the Aging 7-Bucket report. If somebody encountered the same problem please post your comments.

Thanks,
Anjan
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hi Anjan.

Start by narrowing the GL Low and High dates parameters of the AR Reconciliation Report until you find the exact day of the difference. Then you can probably locate the transaction which is causing the difference.

Octavio.
rasinti

Post by rasinti »

Hi,

There is no Oracle comparison between AR reconciliation report with the 7bucket aging.
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Rasinti.
There is no Oracle comparison between AR reconciliation report with the 7bucket aging
Can you please explain why?

Thanks in advance.
Octavio
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Aging reports displays only receipts that are Eligible to be received after the due date.

Which means you made a sale on 1st JAN and you have given your customer 30 days credit period.
So when i run Aging report on any day between 1st JAN to 30th JAN, system will not display this transaction.
However if i ran this on 31st onwards, aging report will pick these transaction...
In short, aging reports only outstanding balances ....

Whereas reconciliation report picks transactional data .

I feel this could be the difference.....

Please check individual AR transactions on a test basis to find out the logic of these reports and differences between these reports....
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
Yes, what you say is correct. But these two reports can be compared. Run AR Reconciliation with parameter GL Date High = 31stMay 2009 and then run Aging Report with pameter As of Date = 31stMay 2009.
You will see that total for Ending Balance of AR Reconciliation is equal to total of the Outstanding Amount column of Aging Report.
That's why i say these two reports can be compared.

Octavio
rasinti

Post by rasinti »

Dear Octavia,

Firstly, as per the AR User Guide it does not state that the Aging Report should be used to reconcile AR to GL .

Regards,
rasinti
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Dear Rasinti,
That is not the question. You said that these two reports could not be compared.

Regards,
Octavio