Receipt Numbering should be automatic

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
amicguys

Receipt Numbering should be automatic

Post by amicguys »

HI All.

Currently iam working on R12.

i want the receipt number should be generated automatically. so is there any workaround to achieve this, with out using the Doc seq numbering.

Thanks,
kishore.
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Hi Kishore,

May be u can go for Document Sequence.

Please let me know the status.

Regards
Oracleapps1983
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

HI kishore

I think you can use the doc sequence to make the receipt number automatic.

If you have other business issue, please explain.
Thanks
Hisham
sudhir

Post by sudhir »

Hi Kishore,

For every receipt, there are 2 numbers; First, the number of the check / DD/ TT etc through which the party has paid. this is the number that appears in your Bank statement. This number cannot be automated because this would be different for different parties and following different sequences. you have no control here.
And the second is the document number which is internally generated for your sequential filing and reference. This is controlled by you and can be automated using Doc Sequencing.

If you desire to create a something other than using doc sequence, you might need technical help. you could activate a DFF and ask your techie to develop a custom pll where a number is generated and stored based on some logic. I wouldnt recommend this unless the client has some very strong justification for a requirement in this direction.

Hope this clarifies