R12 Run Depreciation - Create Accouting Error

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
oracleapps1983

R12 Run Depreciation - Create Accouting Error

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Dear Members

When i Run Depreciation. Create Accounting is Showing Error.

I got the Following Message from

Processing Distribution ID: 111781
Account Generator failed to generate a new code combination:
Account Type: ASSET_COST
Book: A1_CORP BOOK
Distribution ID: 111781
Concatenated Segments:

Cause: The code combination for the generated segment does not exist and cannot be created because it would contain invalid segment values or because it has been disabled.

Action: Please review the following message for a detailed explanation of why the account could not be generated.

With Regards
Oracleapps1983
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

What is the SLA method used in the Ledger?

The Asset cost account is taken from the Asset category master for the asset book. please check whether any segment value has been disabled in the asset cost account combination.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Hi Sarvanan

I took Standard Accrual. There is no Value Disabled for Depreciation Value and Code Combination.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

If you are sure that there are NO cross validation rules and security rules that prevent it from creating the asset cost account code combination, try the below one.

Set the debug option to Yes (Check for the profile option like FA%Debug% - I don't remember the exact name) and then run the accounting. It may give you more details in the log file.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG